New Game Ivan as Black vs GC as White ..
SAT W-7
2009-04-25 19:31:15 UTC
Ivans move is C-7 to C-5 ......

Sanny if your making the first 4 moves try not to take a piece unless
you have too ...Lets let GC and Ivan take the first pieces ..

Might be off until i get home from work around 4.00 AM ......

Yes it has a opening book but i am not sure why it was not working when
i changed Ivan to white from the first and second ranks .....I did it
twice and both times it opened with the knight a-3 move but i am not so
sure GC would win because of that .....I belive these are pretty even
help bot
2009-04-26 01:15:00 UTC
On Apr 25, 3:31 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:

> Ivans move is C-7 to C-5 ......
>
>    Sanny if your making the first 4 moves try not to take a piece unless
> you have too ...Lets let GC and Ivan take the first pieces ..
>
> Might be off until i get home from work around 4.00 AM ......
>
> Yes it has a opening book but i am not sure why it was not working when
> i changed Ivan to white from the first and second ranks .....I did it
> twice and both times it opened with the knight a-3 move but i am not so
> sure GC would win because of that .....I belive these are pretty even

At the risk of dragging pedants and other
scum here... may I suggest that the problem
of GetClub not recording a game in progress
unless and until you have completed four
moves, is not a serious "problem" at all.

Simple solution: Sanny could play the
following moves in his GetClub browser,
thus reaching the required depth for GC to
store a game in progress, without any
substantive effect on the actual game as
it emerges later:

1. Nh3 Nh6

2. Nc3 Na6

3. Ng1 Ng8

4. Nb1 Nb8

Note that four full moves (8 ply) are
recorded, but we are back at the starting
position except that there will be no
openings book for engines which use a
crude methodology -- as I expect GC
does -- which leaves the engine thinking
it is lost in a fog in an unfamiliar position.

If such moves can be forced upon Ivan,
no move-numbering issues would arise;
the game would simply be four moves
longer than normal.

------

In odds games against grandmasters,
the operators of the Rybka engine have
used any number of tricks to get to
positions in which, say, Rybka's QN
is magically removed from the board,
but otherwise, the normal starting
position is obtained. Knights bound
about the board, going in, capturing a
pawn if desired, then retreating back
to their original position. This has no
effect on castling rights.

-- help bot
Sanny
2009-04-26 05:02:00 UTC
>  1.  Nh3  Nh6
>
>  2.  Nc3  Na6
>
>  3.  Ng1  Ng8
>
>  4.  Nb1  Nb8

>   Note that four full moves (8 ply) are
> recorded, but we are back at the starting
> position except that there will be no
> openings book for engines which use a
> crude methodology -- as I expect GC
> does -- which leaves the engine thinking
> it is lost in a fog in an unfamiliar position.

Yes your way works. But even after that IVAN will play Nc3 as first
move and we cannot force IVAN to play the first fout moves at our
will. However GetClub can do so as I will update the database.

Yesterday you played with Easy Level. Are you feeling the game playing
stronger?

Bye
Sanny

help bot
2009-04-26 07:11:24 UTC
On Apr 26, 1:02 am, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday you played with Easy Level. Are you feeling the game playing
> stronger?

I played a few games tonight and did not
notice anything until my current game,
which has been a real bear. I won the
exchange fairly easily, but then slipped
and slid ever downward, until I was
staring at /a wall of passed pawns/. My
exchange "advantage" was of no use
against this many enemies; it was akin
to fighting ants, whose numbers seem
limitless.

-- help bot
Sanny
2009-04-26 08:20:55 UTC
> > Yesterday you played with Easy Level. Are you feeling the game playing
> > stronger?
>   I played a few games tonight and did not
> notice anything until my current game,
> which has been a real bear.     I won the
> exchange fairly easily, but then slipped
> and slid ever downward, until I was
> staring at /a wall of passed pawns/.   My
> exchange "advantage" was of no use
> against this many enemies; it was akin
> to fighting ants, whose numbers seem
> limitless.

Yes today again there was a bit improvement. So it will be tough to
get a win. What level you are playing with?

Now you will get a tough fight with Easy Level.

Bye
Sanny

madams
2009-04-28 21:37:35 UTC
help bot wrote:
.
My
> exchange "advantage" was of no use
> against this many enemies; it was akin
> to fighting ants, whose numbers seem
> limitless.

Ahh! - might I suggest a visit to the local supermarket & bee-line your
person to the death to pesky varmints section wherein a fine array of
extinguishments will be on display...one spray & they go away!..

Alternatively, you might try mining the board with waist-high bouncing
explosives or I could lend you my 2nd.W.W. flaming device, or maybe call
in a rocket-strike from a passing Thunderbolt!..

m.
Sanny
2009-04-26 04:59:23 UTC
On Apr 26, 12:31 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is C-7 to C-5 ......

GetClub played N-c3

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-04-26 11:20:39 UTC
Ivans move is Knight B-8 to C-6 ..

Thanks for that info helpbot but we will be OK if Sanny just develops
pieces ..
Sanny
2009-04-27 06:32:46 UTC
On Apr 26, 4:20 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is Knight B-8 to C-6 ..

GetClub played N-d5

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5

Simmilar Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?id=DM43456&game=Chess

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-04-27 15:25:06 UTC
Ivans move is E-7 to E-6 ..pawn move ..

How come you made that move , why not move the other knight out ? Lets
let GC and Ivan play against each other ..

Now you have to waste a move to get the knight back out ..
Sanny
2009-04-27 17:25:13 UTC
On Apr 27, 8:25 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is  E-7 to E-6 ..pawn move ..

GetClub played N-f4

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4

Simmilar Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?id=DM43456&game=Chess

> How come you made that move , why not move the other knight out ? Lets
> let GC and Ivan play against each other ..

I played Nf4 as simmilar game was played earlier and I can just copy
paste the first 4 moves from database.

> Now you have to waste a move to get the knight back out ..

Yes, Lets see what Help Bot and Taylor Kingston say.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-04-27 18:10:30 UTC
Ivans move is G-8 to F-6 Knight move

Ivan - 0.9 ....

It just seems to me the last two GC Knight moves were a waste of time
.You should try and develop pieces ..

Lets see how this game comes out..
Sanny
2009-04-28 05:19:42 UTC
On Apr 27, 11:10 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is G-8 to F-6 Knight move

GetClub played Bishop to b5 attacking your knight B-b5

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5

Now the Move is played by GetClub by thinking.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-04-28 05:45:47 UTC
Knight F-6 x E-4 pawn ..

I almost want to start over because your moves have put GC in trouble

If you would have moved E-2 to E-4
Then B-I to C-3 then G-I to F-3 and then the last move Bishop F-I to
E-2 then let GC take over .....I think that is what you should have
done.

Ivan - I.0 .....
t***@comcast.net
2009-04-28 16:06:22 UTC
On Apr 28, 1:45 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Knight F-6 x E-4 pawn ..
>
> I almost want to start over because your moves have put GC in trouble
>
> If you would have moved E-2 to E-4
> Then B-I to C-3 then G-I to F-3 and then the last move Bishop  F-I to
> E-2 then let GC take over .....I think that is what you should have
> done.

Good grief. In just 5 moves GetClub gives itself a theoretically
lost game.
Sanny
2009-04-28 17:24:09 UTC
On Apr 28, 10:45 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Knight F-6 x E-4 pawn ..

GetClub played knight to f3 attacking your knight N-f3

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3

> I almost want to start over because your moves have put GC in trouble

Its only 1 pawn loss. This move was played by Beginner Level and not
me. Lets continue till IVAN gets 3 extra pawns.

> If you would have moved E-2 to E-4
> Then B-I to C-3 then G-I to F-3 and then the last move Bishop  F-I to
> E-2 then let GC take over .....I think that is what you should have
> done.

Better would be d3 protecting the pawn.

> Ivan - I.0 .....

Yes, 1 pawn loss. How much time is IVAN Thinking?

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-04-28 17:51:27 UTC
Bishop F-8 to D-6 .....

I have Ivan on his strongest level , he has to make 45 moves in I45
minutes ....Some moves like this move and knight takes pawn move it made
in about 2 seconds ....When the game gets more complicated it takes a
little longer.
Why not play GC on it's strongest level ??
Sanny
2009-04-28 18:06:34 UTC
On Apr 28, 10:51 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Bishop F-8 to D-6 .....

GetClub played knight to h3 N-h3

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3

>    I have Ivan on his strongest level , he has to make 45 moves in I45
> minutes ....Some moves like this move and knight takes pawn move it made
> in about 2 seconds ....When the game gets more complicated it takes a
> little longer.

So it is taking 1 min / move on average. GetClub is thinking 10 sec /
move.

>    Why not play GC on it's  strongest level ??

Next time we will have match with Easy Level 40 sec / move. Incase
GetClub loses this games

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-04-28 20:03:48 UTC
Castle King to G-8 and Rook to F-8 ...

That move was 3 seconds ....

yes you should play a stronger level in the next game too see if GC is
stronger than Ivan ..
Sanny
2009-04-29 05:01:51 UTC
On Apr 29, 1:03 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Castle King to G-8 and Rook to F-8 ...

GetClub also chastle king side.

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0

> yes you should play a stronger level in the next game too see if  GC is
> stronger  than Ivan ..

Ok next time we will play with Easy Level: 40 sec / move.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-04-29 11:31:39 UTC
Bishop D-6 to E-7

Ivan - I.0

That sounds good for the next game ..

That was funny what Madams said ..
Sanny
2009-04-30 05:18:35 UTC
On Apr 29, 4:31 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Bishop D-6 to E-7

GetClub Played Bishop to c4. B-c4.

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4

GetClub loosing by 1.5 points.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-04-30 11:21:13 UTC
Pawn D-7 to D-5

Ivan - I.3 ..

yeah gc is not in a good position right now but the game is still just
starting....
t***@comcast.net
2009-04-30 16:52:15 UTC
On Apr 30, 7:21 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Pawn D-7 to D-5
>
>   Ivan - I.3 ..
>
> yeah gc is not in a good position right now but the game is still just
> starting....

Good grief. GetClub is playing even worse than usual. Not only is
9.Bc4? a lost tempo, the B already having moved once, but it allows
Black another gain of tempo by the natural d-pawn advance. Either 9.d3
or 9.Re1 made more sense.
Sanny
2009-04-30 17:31:59 UTC
On Apr 30, 4:21 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Pawn D-7 to D-5

GetClub Played Bishop to b5. B-b5.

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5

GetClub loosing by 1.5 points.

>   Ivan - I.3 ..
>
> yeah gc is not in a good position right now but the game is still just
> starting....

You are correct

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-04-30 19:00:46 UTC
Ivans move is , Bishop C-8 to D-7

Mr K , is going to be mad at GC for moving the bishop again , especially
that way ..

You know Mr K and helpbot are correct , GC seems to be playing worse
than it did a long time ago when Ivan and GC played before..
Remember how GC was a little stronger in the middle game and Ivan a
little stronger in the end game ..

Ivan - I.I ....
I know this game is still just starting but it seems like GC has no
plan of attack ...

Lets let it play out and see what happens ..Will Ivan over extend itself
and GC make a devastating attack ?

GC should grab the open file with the rook....
Then bring the white bishop to F-I and just act like i am starting the
game all over ..
I would drive off Ivans knight on E-4 , because it bugs me there if i
was playing....Pawn to D-3 and that opens the bishop up too ...

Next game we should step up to Normal Level the one helpbot plays and
then see if it plays the way Helpbot thinks it should play ....

I am thinking when you try and and improve it something else messes up..
BUT do not let that get you down ...Lets see how GC fights back from
this position....
t***@comcast.net
2009-04-30 19:45:17 UTC
On Apr 30, 3:00 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is  , Bishop C-8 to D-7
>
> Mr K , is going to be mad at GC for moving the bishop again , especially
> that way ..
>
>   You know Mr K and helpbot are correct , GC seems to be playing worse
> than it did a long time ago when Ivan and GC played before..
>  Remember how GC was a little stronger in the middle game and Ivan a
> little stronger in the end game ..
>
> Ivan - I.I ....
> I know this game is still just starting but  it seems like GC has no
> plan of attack ...

It is impossible to devise any rational "plan of attack" when one
has no basis for an attack. Proper attacks come only from a
superiority of some sort. Right now, White is inferior in every
important way: development, central control, material, etc. Sanny's
program has always been neglectful of development, and this is an
especially bad case.
Your 10...Bd7 is not at all a bad move, but perhaps better was
10...f6 intending 11...e5 with an overwhelming pawn center, compared
to almost no central pressure by White. Black has nothing to fear from
11.Bxc6, so it seems better to wait until after e6-e5 and then figure
out the best square for the QB, which is probably not d7. And the best
use for the QB may end up being to capture on h3 (after e6-e5 of
course) to disrupt White's kingside pawn structure and lay his king
open to attack, in which case 10...Bd7 is a wasted move.

> Lets let it play out and see what happens ..Will Ivan over extend itself
> and GC make a devastating attack ?

Ivan could extend itself more than 10...Bd7 indicates it will.
However, that move could still pan out well. In the event of Bb5xc6,
you then have the choice of recapturing with the pawn, bolstering your
center, or with bishop, in which case it's pointing dangerously toward
White's king on the long diagonal.
Sanny
2009-05-01 06:23:53 UTC
On May 1, 12:00 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is  , Bishop C-8 to D-7

GetClub Played pawn to g4. P-g4.

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4

GetClub loosing by 3.0 points.

> Mr K , is going to be mad at GC for moving the bishop again , especially
> that way ..

That move was ok as it have to save its bishop.

>   You know Mr K and helpbot are correct , GC seems to be playing worse
> than it did a long time ago when Ivan and GC played before..
>  Remember how GC was a little stronger in the middle game and Ivan a
> little stronger in the end game ..

Thats because earlier we used to play with Easy Level. Which thinks 4
times longer than Beginner Level.

> GC should grab the open file with the rook....
> Then bring the white bishop to F-I and just act like i am starting the
> game all over ..
> I would drive off Ivans knight on E-4 , because  it bugs me there if i
> was playing....Pawn to D-3 and that opens the bishop up too ...

Yes I too think it should play d3 to attack Knight & free Bishop at
c1.

> Next game we should step up to Normal Level the one helpbot plays and
> then see if it plays the way Helpbot thinks it should play ....

I think Easy Level will be sufficient. Easy thinks 4 times longer than
Beginner Level.

> I am thinking when you try and and improve it something else messes up..
>   BUT do not let that get you down ...Lets see how GC fights back from
> this position....

Yes thats true.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-01 11:15:31 UTC
Ivans move is A-7 to A-6 ..

Ivan - I.6 ...

gc opened up the King..
Sanny
2009-05-01 17:51:43 UTC
On May 1, 4:15 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is A-7 to A-6 ..

GetClub Played pawn to g4. P-g4.

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4

GetClub loosing by 4.0 points. Looks like the bishop will get trapped
by pawns.

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-01 18:13:34 UTC
On May 1, 1:51 pm, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On May 1, 4:15 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
>
> > Ivans move is A-7 to A-6 ..
>
> GetClub Played pawn to g4. P-g4.
>
> 1. e4 c5
> 2. Nc3 Nc6
> 3. Nd5 e6
> 4. Nf4 Nf6
> 5. Bb5 Nxe4
> 6. Nf3 Bd6
> 7. Nh3 0-0
> 8. 0-0 Be7
> 9. Bc4 d5
> 10. Bb5 Bd7
> 11. g4 a6
> 12. Ba4
>
> GetClub loosing by 4.0 points. Looks like the bishop will get trapped
> by pawns.

Good grief! What a meltdown. Why didn't it just play 12.Bxc6, the
only move that made any sense? This level of GetClub must have about a
3-ply horizon, at best.
Sanny
2009-05-01 19:05:22 UTC
> > GetClub loosing by 4.0 points. Looks like the bishop will get trapped
> > by pawns.
>
>   Good grief! What a meltdown. Why didn't it just play 12.Bxc6, the
> only move that made any sense? This level of GetClub must have about a
> 3-ply horizon, at best.- Hide quoted text -

I think Bishop is safe till "10 ply"

12.. B-a4 b4
13.. B-b3 c4
14.. d3 Nd6
15. dxc4 dxc4
16. Bxc4 bxc4

It is 10 ply deep. GetClub Beginner Level missid this 10 ply sequence.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-01 21:16:05 UTC
ivans move is B-7 to B-5 pawn

Ivan -2.5

Yes your bishop is gone

We should play Normal level , i know you want to play Easy level ,
but since Helpbot plays Normal level and he say's it plays the best
chess out of all your levels we should test that level...

I do not want to stop this game yet unless you want too ..Id like to
see if GC can fight back....
help bot
2009-05-02 03:29:03 UTC
On May 1, 5:16 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:

>    We should play Normal level  , i know you want to play Easy level ,
> but since Helpbot plays Normal level  and he say's it plays the best
> chess out of all your levels  we should test that level...

I certainly cannot keep up with all the nonsense
posted here regarding what I have written, or the
imaginary and idiotic positions randomly assigned
to me by others, but let me just point out that my
actual position is -- and has always been -- that
the Advance level plays the best chess, then
Master level, and so on down the line. At least,
this is how it works when seeing deeper into the
position results in stronger play (which is not at
all clear /anymore/, but used to always be the
case with GC).

Very recently, it seems that the more the Get-
Club engine sees, the more it misevaluates,
miscalculates, goes haywire!

At any rate, my idea was that if it is worth the
time and trouble to play at all, then it certainly is
worth allowing the contestants more than just a
few seconds per move to ponder their moves.
Add to that the fact that Ivan is destroying Get-
Club's ten-second level and logic dictates
some higher level for GC, or a much lower
level for Ivan in order to level the field a bit.

-- help bot
Sanny
2009-05-03 05:50:03 UTC
>   I certainly cannot keep up with all the nonsense
> posted here regarding what I have written, or the
> imaginary and idiotic positions randomly assigned
> to me by others, but let me just point out that my
> actual position is -- and has always been -- that
> the Advance level plays the best chess, then

Yesterday Mr_Phil beat the Advance Level

Bye
Sanny

=====================ADVERTISEMENT========================

Play Chess: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
A Descision making Game

Enjoy & Chat: http://www.GetClub.com
Talk with Computer

Earn $1600/ month: http://www.getclub.com/salesjob.html
Get $200-$400 per sale.

Business Planning Software: http://www.softtanks.com/
3 Versions of Software
1. Small Version: for Owner of Small Shops/ Companies
2. Medium Version: For: Managers working in Small/ Medium sized
Companies or CEO/ Business Owners.
3. Large Version: For: Executives in Large Companies/ Business Owners

=====================ADVERTISEMENT========================
SAT W-7
2009-05-03 12:01:39 UTC
Ivans move is Pawn A-4 to A-3 ..

Not sure why that move , i need to study the position more to see why it
made that move .

Mr K is using Fritz 8 a powerful chess program compared to what we have
Just think Mr K , i have lost to Ivan on this level 400 + times and only
have beaten it one time..

Ivan - 2.4 now

O i think i see it , if GC pawn takes pawn then E-7 bishop to F-6
attacking rook + queen attacking the B-I so rook is trapped. Will GC see
it ??
Sanny
2009-05-03 16:37:33 UTC
On May 3, 5:01 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is Pawn A-4 to A-3 ..

GetClub Played Bishop to c1 protecting the pawn B-c1

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3

GetClub loosing by 2.5 points.

> Not sure why that move , i need to study the position more to see why it
> made that move .

Just an attacking move.

> Mr K is using Fritz 8 a powerful chess program compared to what we have
> Just think Mr K , i have lost to Ivan on this level 400 + times and only
> have beaten it one time..
Lets see what he says

> Ivan - 2.4 now
GetClub too giving the same score.

>   O  i  think i see it , if GC pawn takes pawn then E-7 bishop to F-6
> attacking rook + queen attacking the B-I so rook is trapped. Will GC see
> it ??

Yes GetClub saw that Trap. Today getclu was improved 2 times. So it
will play twice stronger.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-03 18:43:50 UTC
ivans move is Bishop E-7 to F-6

Yes GC saw the trap....That was a nice try on Ivans part ...

Ivan -2.2
Sanny
2009-05-04 05:38:53 UTC
On May 3, 11:43 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> ivans move is Bishop E-7 to F-6

GetClub Played Rook to b1 R-b1

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3 Bf6
18. Rb1

> Yes GC saw the trap....That was a nice try on Ivans part ...
>
> Ivan -2.2

GetClub loosing by 2.8 points.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-04 11:29:00 UTC
Queen B-6 to B-4 ..

ivan -2.2

helpbot , that was funny ....

nite
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-04 12:56:42 UTC
Two of Ivan's recent moves have been seriously less than best: first
13...Nxf2?! and now 16...a3?!. That pointless move has made a target
of an almost worthless pawn, and now Ivan's worried about defending
it. It has also drawn Black into unproductive action on the queenside,
where he has no targets, instead of advancing in the center and
attacking on the kingside, where potential targets are many, including
White's king. Ivan still has a theoretically winning position, but
it's getting no closer to winning the game with its last few moves.
Sanny
2009-05-04 17:28:30 UTC
On May 4, 4:29 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Queen B-6 to B-4 ..

GetClub Played Rook to b1 R-b1

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3 Bf6
18. Rb1 Qb4
19. Bd2

GetClub loosing by 2.8 points.

> ivan -2.2
>
> helpbot , that was funny ....

Looks like GetClub will Draw the game by repetitive moves as after
queen moves GetClub will take back Bishop to c1. But if IVAN Brings
the Bishop to c3 then the situation may change.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-04 19:05:47 UTC
Ivans move is Queen B-4 to B-5

Mr k , i understand what your saying but it tried a trap and it did not
work....GC was too smart to fall for it.....+ You have to remember you
can not judge Ivan with Fritz 8 or even Fritz one..
Still this game is far from being over ....
Ivan - 2.3

Seems like GC and Ivan are in defensive mode and trying to probe for a
weakness and that was Ivans trap set up that backfired and now it wants
to save that A-pawn ...
help bot
2009-05-05 03:34:16 UTC
On May 4, 3:05 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:

> Ivans move is Queen B-4 to B-5
>
> Mr k ,  i understand what your saying but it tried a trap and it did not
> work....GC was too smart to fall for it.....+ You have to remember you
> can not judge Ivan with Fritz 8 or even Fritz one..
>   Still this game is far from being over ....
> Ivan - 2.3
>
> Seems like GC and Ivan are in defensive mode and trying to probe for a
> weakness and that was Ivans trap set up that backfired and now it wants
> to save that A-pawn ...

I seriously doubt that Ivan "sets traps", as we
humans say. Most chess programs attempt
to play so as to optimize the score for their
side, assumming /what they see as/ best play
for both sides.

Hence, when Ivan blundered with ...Nxf2, it
was because the engine did not correctly
calculate (or evaluate) the complications-- it
failed to "comprehend the idea" that merely
saving its own Knight would result in the win
of a piece.

I've had a large number of games at Get-
Club in which all I had to do was win a piece;
the rest was just a matter of technique, as
they say. In this game, throwing away the
Knight via ...Nxf2 nullifies the win of the
Bishop, so that we have one blind patzer
beating another. Think of that famous
game between Paul Morphy and the Duke
and the Count-- only remove PM from the
picture and imagine the Duke playing the
Count... .

-- help bot
Sanny
2009-05-05 07:08:08 UTC
On May 5, 12:05 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is Queen B-4 to B-5

GetClub Played Pawn to c4 P-c4

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3 Bf6
18. Rb1 Qb4
19. Bd2 Qb5
20. c4

GetClub loosing by 2.8 points.

Interesting game.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-05 07:16:42 UTC
Ivans move is , Queen B-5 to B-8

Yes this is a interesting game to me too....
Like Mr K said Ivans last few moves have not been the best moves ..

Thanks for the explanation Helpbot , yes , i was looking at the trap
move as a human would ..
Sanny
2009-05-05 07:50:51 UTC
On May 5, 12:16 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is  , Queen B-5 to B-8

GetClub took your pawn at d5. 21. cxd5

You have only one move 21.... exd5

GetClub then played g5 attacking your Bishop

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3 Bf6
18. Rb1 Qb4
19. Bd2 Qb5
20. c4 Qb8
21. cxd5 exd5
22. g5

GetClub loosing by 1.3 points.

Interesting game.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-05 08:13:11 UTC
Ivans move is F-6 to E-7 bishop move

I am with you on those moves ..

Ivan -2.I
Sanny
2009-05-05 09:37:06 UTC
On May 5, 1:13 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is   F-6 to E-7 bishop move

GetClub then played Queen to c1 attacking your pawn at a3.

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3 Bf6
18. Rb1 Qb4
19. Bd2 Qb5
20. c4 Qb8
21. cxd5 exd5
22. g5 Be7
23. Qc1

GetClub loosing by 1.8 points.

Interesting game. Now you have no way to protect your a3 pawn. Looks
like GetClub will gain 1 pawn. But still it is 1 pawn down.

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-05 12:59:54 UTC
On May 5, 5:37 am, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On May 5, 1:13 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
>
> > Ivans move is   F-6 to E-7 bishop move
>
> GetClub then played Queen to c1 attacking your pawn at a3.
>
> 1. e4 c5
> 2. Nc3 Nc6
> 3. Nd5 e6
> 4. Nf4 Nf6
> 5. Bb5 Nxe4
> 6. Nf3 Bd6
> 7. Nh3 0-0
> 8. 0-0 Be7
> 9. Bc4 d5
> 10. Bb5 Bd7
> 11. g4 a6
> 12. Ba4 b5
> 13.  d3 Nxf2
> 14. Nxf2 bxa4
> 15. B-f4 Qb6
> 16. B-c1 a3
> 17. b3 Bf6
> 18. Rb1 Qb4
> 19. Bd2 Qb5
> 20. c4 Qb8
> 21. cxd5 exd5
> 22. g5 Be7
> 23. Qc1
>
> GetClub loosing by 1.8 points.
>
> Interesting game. Now you have no way to protect your a3 pawn. Looks
> like GetClub will gain 1 pawn. But still it is 1 pawn down.

The a3-pawn is a trivial matter. If Ivan would forget about it and
start attacking on the kingside, where GetClub has several weaknesses,
the game could be over shortly.
SAT W-7
2009-05-05 16:13:01 UTC
Ivans move is Bishop E-7 to D-6

ivan - 2.3

Now maybe the attack starting on the King side ?

Mr K , i bet you can beat ivan on this level...

I should go a head and make GC's next move , queen takes pawm then give
you ivans move but since i am not one hundred % sure that will be the
move i will wait ..
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-05 16:52:23 UTC
On May 5, 12:13 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:

> Ivans move is Bishop E-7 to D-6

That is the best move Ivan has made in a while.

>  ivan - 2.3
>
>   Now maybe the attack  starting on the King side ?

We shall see. 23...Bd6! is certainly a step in that direction,
taking aim at h2 and preventing 24.Bf4.

> Mr K ,  i bet you can beat ivan  on this level...
>
> I should go a head and make GC's next move , queen takes pawm then give
> you ivans move but since i am not one hundred %   sure that will be the
> move i will wait ..

Yes, you can never be sure what GetClub will do, though it is
inordinately fond of material.
Sanny
2009-05-06 06:32:23 UTC
On May 5, 9:13 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is Bishop E-7 to D-6

GetClub then played Queen to c1 attacking your pawn at a3.

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3 Bf6
18. Rb1 Qb4
19. Bd2 Qb5
20. c4 Qb8
21. cxd5 exd5
22. g5 Be7
23. Qc1 Bd6
24. Kg2

GetClub loosing by 2.0 points.

> I should go a head and make GC's next move , queen takes pawm then give
> you ivans move but since i am not one hundred %   sure that will be the
> move i will wait ..

Yes, GetClub played King as a3 pawn can be taken later.

Bye
Sanny

help bot
2009-05-06 06:56:25 UTC
On May 6, 2:32 am, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> GetClub then played Queen to c1 attacking your pawn at a3.
>
> 1. e4 c5
> 2. Nc3 Nc6
> 3. Nd5 e6
> 4. Nf4 Nf6
> 5. Bb5 Nxe4
> 6. Nf3 Bd6
> 7. Nh3 0-0
> 8. 0-0 Be7
> 9. Bc4 d5
> 10. Bb5 Bd7
> 11. g4 a6
> 12. Ba4 b5
> 13.  d3 Nxf2
> 14. Nxf2 bxa4
> 15. B-f4 Qb6
> 16. B-c1 a3
> 17. b3 Bf6
> 18. Rb1 Qb4
> 19. Bd2 Qb5
> 20. c4 Qb8
> 21. cxd5 exd5
> 22. g5 Be7
> 23. Qc1 Bd6
> 24. Kg2
>
> GetClub loosing by 2.0 points.
>
> > I should go a head and make GC's next move , queen takes pawm then give
> > you ivans move but since i am not one hundred %   sure that will be the
> > move i will wait ..
>
> Yes, GetClub played King as a3 pawn can be taken later.

Wild attacking players like Mr. Kingston
simply do not understand the mentality of
/subtle positional players/ like GetClub, for
whom the win of a pawn -- even a doubled
Rook pawn -- equates to winning the
game by virtue of GC's astounding end-
game technique.

Yes, there may be technical difficulties
such as the discovered attack on White's
Queen, but these are mere trivialities to a
master of GetClub's immense skill.

Crazed King-hunters like Mr. Kingston,
Mr. Tal and Mr. Keres simply lack the --
dare I say it -- /finesse/, of uber-subtle
positional players like GetClub and, oh,
let's say Bobby Fischer.

"Cave man chess" types simply can-
not comprehend the overwhelming im-
portance of that doubled Rook pawn on
a3; how capturing it equates to captur-
ing the enemy flag; why pawns taste so
delicious-- especially when roasted or
fried in olive oil. To really appreciate
the flavor, it requires a connoisseur...
and may I suggest a glass of merlot if
sampling a reddish, brown or black
pawn, a pinot grigio if a white pawn.
Bon appetite... .

-- help bot
Sanny
2009-05-06 07:47:15 UTC
Today again the game was improved. Now it will play as good as the old
days.

I removed nearly all modifications done in last 2-3 months and the
game has speed up.

Play with Beginner Level and see if it can have a good fight with you.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-06 12:13:21 UTC
Ivans move is Knight C-6 to D-4

ivan - 2.2

who would be the first to win 5 games between Helpbot and Mr K ??? I
would like to see them play a tournament ..Would it be a 40 or 50 game
classic like Kasporov and Karpov ? By the way that game should have
never been stopped until they had a winner ..Who cares how tired they
were , you suck it up and keep playing until you get a winner ..The
strongest will win.....
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-06 12:52:20 UTC
On May 6, 8:13 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:

> Ivans move is Knight C-6 to D-4

Too bad GC didn't play 24.Qxa3; Fritz8 came up with a long,
interesting forced variation starting with 24...Nd4 in that line. In
this position, however, 24...Nd4 is not nearly as good, doesn't even
make Fritz's top 10. Now GC can make things a bit difficult if it
finds the right move. However, I will not spill those beans right now,
pending what GC actually does.
Best for Black here was probably 24...Re8, 24...Bf5, or perhaps
24...f6, all of which Fritz8 rates in the -3.5 to -3.3 range. 24...Nd4
is only about -2.4.

>   ivan - 2.2
>
>  who would be the first to win 5 games between Helpbot and Mr K ???

Considering how rusty I am these days, I would probably be the
underdog against a bag of rocks. Computer-assisted armchair analysis
is one thing, actually playing is quite another.
Sanny
2009-05-06 16:13:42 UTC
On May 6, 5:52 pm, ***@comcast.net wrote:
> On May 6, 8:13 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
>

> > Ivans move is Knight C-6 to D-4
>
>   Too bad GC didn't play 24.Qxa3; Fritz8 came up with a long,
> interesting forced variation starting with 24...Nd4 in that line. In
> this position, however, 24...Nd4 is not nearly as good, doesn't even
> make Fritz's top 10. Now GC can make things a bit difficult if it
> finds the right move. However, I will not spill those beans right now,
> pending what GC actually does.
>   Best for Black here was probably 24...Re8, 24...Bf5, or perhaps
> 24...f6, all of which Fritz8 rates in the -3.5 to -3.3 range. 24...Nd4
> is only about -2.4.

GetClub scored -4.0 as soon as Nd4 is played. Now a3 is protected with
Bishop. Now no way to get the a3 pawn. Still that is a doubled pawn so
of not much use.

>   Considering how rusty I am these days, I would probably be the
> underdog against a bag of rocks. Computer-assisted armchair analysis
> is one thing, actually playing is quite another.

You may be good in Chess Theory but Help Bot has great Tactics. He can
find great ways to get a extra piece and win comfortably. But since
today GetClub was further improved it will be difficult for Help Bot
to win the Easy Level & Higher Levels.

Bye
Sanny

Sanny
2009-05-06 16:08:19 UTC
On May 6, 5:13 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is Knight C-6 to D-4

GetClub took your knight at d4 with knight 25. Nxd4

Forced move: 25 .... cxd4

GetClub then played: h3

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3 Bf6
18. Rb1 Qb4
19. Bd2 Qb5
20. c4 Qb8
21. cxd5 exd5
22. g5 Be7
23. Qc1 Bd6
24. Kg2 Nd4
25. Nxd4 h3

GetClub loosing by 4.0 points.

>   ivan - 2.2
>
>  who would be the first to win 5 games between Helpbot and Mr K ???    I
> would like to see them play a tournament ..Would it be a 40 or 50 game
> classic like Kasporov and Karpov ?  By the way that game should have
> never been stopped until they had a winner ..Who cares how tired they
> were , you suck it up and keep playing until you get a winner ..The
> strongest will win.....

Without any doubt Help Bot will win. Taylor Kingston has left Chess
long ago. And chess needs regular practise to keep winning. Also Help
Bot is the best player at GetClub. He can only be beaten by "Sam
Sloan" and "Phil Inn"

Mr Phil has declared himself the best player on this newsgroup and no
one have the courage to accept his challenge.

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-06 16:18:27 UTC
On May 6, 12:08 pm, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On May 6, 5:13 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
>
> > Ivans move is Knight C-6 to D-4
>
> GetClub took your knight at d4 with knight 25. Nxd4
>
> Forced move: 25 .... cxd4
>
> GetClub then played: h3
>
> 1. e4 c5
> 2. Nc3 Nc6
> 3. Nd5 e6
> 4. Nf4 Nf6
> 5. Bb5 Nxe4
> 6. Nf3 Bd6
> 7. Nh3 0-0
> 8. 0-0 Be7
> 9. Bc4 d5
> 10. Bb5 Bd7
> 11. g4 a6
> 12. Ba4 b5
> 13.  d3 Nxf2
> 14. Nxf2 bxa4
> 15. B-f4 Qb6
> 16. B-c1 a3
> 17. b3 Bf6
> 18. Rb1 Qb4
> 19. Bd2 Qb5
> 20. c4 Qb8
> 21. cxd5 exd5
> 22. g5 Be7
> 23. Qc1 Bd6
> 24. Kg2 Nd4
> 25. Nxd4 h3
>
> GetClub loosing by 4.0 points.

Too bad, Sanny. With 25.b4!? you could have made things interesting.
BTW, please stop writing "loosing" when you mean "losing." "Loosing"
means letting go, setting free, unleashing, as in "The dogs were
loosed upon the hapless fox." Yes, English spelling is not logical,
but there it is.
Sanny
2009-05-06 16:50:51 UTC
>   Too bad, Sanny. With 25.b4!? you could have made things interesting.
> BTW, please stop writing "loosing" when you mean "losing." "Loosing"
> means letting go, setting free, unleashing, as in "The dogs were
> loosed upon the hapless fox." Yes, English spelling is not logical,
> but there it is.- Hide quoted text -

And what about the unprotected Pawn at h2. Nxf3 Kxf3 and then pawn at
h2 would be unprotected.

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-06 18:38:13 UTC
On May 6, 12:50 pm, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >   Too bad, Sanny. With 25.b4!? you could have made things interesting.
> > BTW, please stop writing "loosing" when you mean "losing." "Loosing"
> > means letting go, setting free, unleashing, as in "The dogs were
> > loosed upon the hapless fox." Yes, English spelling is not logical,
> > but there it is.- Hide quoted text -
>
> And what about the unprotected Pawn at h2. Nxf3 Kxf3 and then pawn at
> h2 would be unprotected.

After 25.b4 Nxf3, the correct move is not 26.Kxf3. You still think
like a beginner, making recaptures automatically. Try to think of what
other better moves White might have in that position.
Sanny
2009-05-07 04:55:59 UTC
> > >   Too bad, Sanny. With 25.b4!? you could have made things interesting.
> > > BTW, please stop writing "loosing" when you mean "losing." "Loosing"
> > > means letting go, setting free, unleashing, as in "The dogs were
> > > loosed upon the hapless fox." Yes, English spelling is not logical,
> > > but there it is.- Hide quoted text -

> > And what about the unprotected Pawn at h2. Nxf3 Kxf3 and then pawn at
> > h2 would be unprotected.

>   After 25.b4 Nxf3, the correct move is not 26.Kxf3. You still think
> like a beginner, making recaptures automatically. Try to think of what
> other better moves White might have in that position.

If King do not take the Knight, The Knight will go back to d4 and
GetClub will be a knight down.

Bye
Sanny

help bot
2009-05-07 06:30:29 UTC
On May 7, 12:55 am, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > And what about the unprotected Pawn at h2. Nxf3 Kxf3 and then pawn at
> > > h2 would be unprotected.

> >   After 25.b4 Nxf3, the correct move is not 26.Kxf3. You still think
> > like a beginner, making recaptures automatically. Try to think of what
> > other better moves White might have in that position.

> If King do not take the Knight, The Knight will go back to d4 and
> GetClub will be a knight down.

I don't know what the exact position is, but
it is fairly obvious that what Mr. Kingston was
talking about was an in-between move, like
say: ...Nxf3, b4xc5 (attacking the Queen
with the Rook on b1), ...Queen moves, Kxf3.

In this case, White does not emerge a
piece down, because he has an additional
opportunity to capture the Knight, AFTER
Black saves his Queen.

I played several games against the lower
levels and noticed that GetClub has indeed
improved since Sanny removed the recent
"improvements". In fact, the program
seems to have resumed "normal" piece
development. In one game, I really lost
the thread and at one point was down a
lot of material; fortunately, the program
was moving quickly and did not see all
the possible ways I could attack its King.
Other games had me trading down to
won endings-- the usual stuff. Those
crazy one-man piece attacks have been
cured, more or less.

-- help bot
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-07 13:15:31 UTC
> > > And what about the unprotected Pawn at h2. Nxf3 Kxf3 and then pawn at
> > > h2 would be unprotected.
> >   After 25.b4 Nxf3, the correct move is not 26.Kxf3. You still think
> > like a beginner, making recaptures automatically. Try to think of what
> > other better moves White might have in that position.
>
> If King do not take the Knight, The Knight will go back to d4 and
> GetClub will be a knight down.

Sanny, you're not thinking it through. Looks like I'll have to spoon-
feed it to you:

25.b4!? Nxf3 26.bxc5!

This is why an immediate 26.Kxf3 is not necessary. This move attacks
both the queen and the Bd6.

26...Qxb1

After most other moves simply 27.cxd6

27.Qxb1 Nxd2 28.Qb7 Bxc5 29.Qxd7

Probably better than 29.Qxd5 Bxf2 30.Rxf2 Be6 31.Qa5 Nb1.

29...Nxf1 30.Kxf1

This creates an interesting material imbalance: Q+N vs. B+R+R. I
suspect Black is still winning, especially if he can nab White's a-
pawn and make a threat of his pawn on a3, but it's the sort of wide
open position GetClub seems to play fairly well. And the forced
variation is long enough that Ivan, with its short horizon, might go
wrong. So I thought it worth a try for GC.
Sanny
2009-05-07 15:59:49 UTC
Yes, now I understood it.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-06 18:07:49 UTC
Ivans move is Rook F-8 to C-8 ....

OK , Sanny i am with you on those moves , ivan took the knight and then
GC moved pawn to H-3 and now it is Ivans move ..

ivan -2.2

I would rank myself at 20th to 30th best on here in chess...ha
ha.....I am not sure how many people post here off the top of my head
but id be last or so in a tournament ....LOL
It seems like my first game always sucks then the second game on is
usually pretty good because i am mad about the first game i play and i
focus like a laser beam in the second game on and i play relatively well
for me ....
Sanny
2009-05-07 04:59:57 UTC
On May 6, 11:07 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is Rook F-8 to C-8 ....

GetClub Played Queen to e1 Q-e1

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3 Bf6
18. Rb1 Qb4
19. Bd2 Qb5
20. c4 Qb8
21. cxd5 exd5
22. g5 Be7
23. Qc1 Bd6
24. Kg2 Nd4
25. Nxd4 cxd4
26. h3 R-c8
27. Q-e1

help bot
2009-05-06 21:34:17 UTC
On May 6, 12:08 pm, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Without any doubt Help Bot will win. Taylor Kingston has left Chess
> long ago. And chess needs regular practise to keep winning. Also Help
> Bot is the best player at GetClub. He can only be beaten by "Sam
> Sloan"  and "Phil Inn"
>
> Mr Phil has declared himself the best player on this newsgroup and no
> one have the courage to accept his challenge.

Sanny appears to be unaware of the fact
that I have already played Dr. IMnes the 2450,
*on GetClub*. My handle at that time was
nomorechess, and as can be seen, under
that handle I played only two non-computer
opponents: softtanks (Sanny) and the other
one being rasharma. Unless I am mistaken,
since the Great Dr. IMnes claimed to have
played me (anonymously) at GetClub, he
then has to be this Mr. rasharma chap. The
game was a fairly long one-- no "easy" win.

As for Mr. Sloan, I would crush him like a
chicken in the road; I would take him apart,
like a fisherman, gutting a fish; I would dis-
assemble him, like a cheap MacDonald's
Happy Meal toy. I think Mr. Sloan would
need some sort of odds--like maybe pawn
and move, or no pawn and two moves, or
how about draw odds in every game.

-- help bot
SAT W-7
2009-05-06 22:59:08 UTC
Hi Sanny just came to see if you moved , it is about 4.00 PM Seattle
time now and i will be off until about 4.00 AM to 4.30 AM ......
Well have a good day..

Still a interesting game too me ...

have to go to work soon and i do not feel like working but i have
too....by by
madams
2009-05-07 03:20:48 UTC
help bot wrote:
.
> My handle at that time was
> nomorechess, and as can be seen, under
> that handle I played only two non-computer
> opponents: softtanks (Sanny) and the other
> one being rasharma.

Sounds nasty, 'rasharma' I mean. - Let's hope it's not contagious..

m.

Sanny
2009-05-07 05:30:16 UTC
> that handle I played only two non-computer
> opponents: softtanks (Sanny) and the other
> one being rasharma.  Unless I am mistaken,
> since the Great Dr. IMnes claimed to have
> played me (anonymously) at GetClub, he
> then has to be this Mr. rasharma chap.  The
> game was a fairly long one-- no "easy" win.

"rasharma" username is mine and I am, playing against IVAN using this
username.

Here is the recoded Game:
http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?id=DM3442&game=Chess

Game Played on: 29 Aug 2006 [3 years back]

Game Played between nomorechess and rasharma at GetClub.com

nomorechess: (White)
rasharma: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?id=DM3442&game=Chess

White -- Black
(nomorechess) -- (rasharma)

1. d2-d4{4} d7-d5{3}
2. Ng1-f3{5} Nb8-c6{9}
3. Bc1-f4{16} Bc8-g4{18}
4. c2-c3{13} e7-e6{14}
5. Nb1-d2{28} Ng8-f6{12}
6. h2-h3{19} Bg4-h5{3}
7. Qd1-b3{13} Ra8-b8{9}
8. e2-e3{8} Bf8-e7{7}
9. Nf3-e5{33} Ke8-g8{32}
10. g2-g4{9} Bh5-g6{32}
11. Ne5-g6{18} f7-g6{8}
12. Bf1-e2{48} Be7-d6{37}
13. Bf4-d6{52} Qd8-d6{7}
14. f2-f4{3} a7-a6{39}
15. g4-g5{10} Nf6-d7{12}
16. h3-h4{12} Rf8-f7{36}
17. h4-h5{6} g6-h5{10}
18. Rh1-h5{14} g7-g6{5}
19. Rh5-h6{16} Rf7-g7{44}
20. Ke1-c1{40} b7-b5{27}
21. Rd1-h1{34} Nc6-a5{17}
22. Qb3-b4{33} Qd6-b4{10}
23. c3-b4{3} Na5-b7{16}
24. Be2-g4{14} Rb8-e8{55}
25. Nd2-b3{33} Re8-e7{17}
26. Kc1-d2{33} Nb7-d6{35}
27. Kd2-e2{61} Nd6-f5{24}
28. Rh6-h3{21} Nf5-d6{26}
29. Nb3-c1{42} Nd6-e4{44}
30. Nc1-d3{11} Ne4-d6{28}
31. Rh1-c1{23} Nd6-e8{26}
32. Rc1-c6{33} Nd7-b8{46}
33. Rc6-e6{11} Re7-e6{5}
34. Bg4-e6{6} Kg8-f8{9}
35. Be6-d5{16}
nomorechess: (White)
rasharma: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?id=DM3442&game=Chess

In That game I was thinking you were not playing hard. I was surprised
to find that game went eaqyal for quite long. Then you found a way to
get your Rook inside my teritory. Then I resigned.

Mr Phil is playing with username Mr_Phil. He yesterday beat the Normal
Level which is very hard for other players.

Games by Mr_Phil
http://www.getclub.com/cc/showgame.php?num=10&user=Mr_Phil

I think because of recent improvements even you will find Normal level
a bit harder.

Bye
Sanny

help bot
2009-05-07 06:40:21 UTC
On May 7, 1:30 am, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Mr Phil is playing with username Mr_Phil. He yesterday beat the Normal
> Level which is very hard for other players.

The Great Dr. IMnes has, I believe, vehemently
denied playing under the handle Mr. Phil, which
at some point in the now-distant past I ventured
to guess was Phillip Innes on account of the
remarkable similarity of the two names.

I suppose it is possible that I did not play him
until after switching to my current handle, help
bot, but that fails to account for the decent play
of rasharma; surely, that could not have been
an unassisted Sanny?

-- help bot
SAT W-7
2009-05-07 11:41:49 UTC
Ivans move is Rook C-8 to C-2

Ivan - 2.4

nite
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-07 13:20:59 UTC
On May 7, 7:41 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is Rook C-8 to C-2
>
> Ivan - 2.4

Fritz8 likes Ivan's position even more, about -5.10. GetClub's
27.Qe1? was a serious mistake, allowing 27...Rc2! immediately. Better
was 27.Qd1, keeping c2 covered.
Now it looks like that a3-pawn Sanny figured he could take any old
time may become a serious threat after ...Rc2xa2. To prevent that, GC
will have to devote a whole rook to its defense. This leaves Ivan
playing in effect a whole rook up, which at least partly explains the
-5 evaluation.
Sanny
2009-05-07 16:08:53 UTC
On May 7, 4:41 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is Rook C-8 to C-2

GetClub Played Rook to a1 R-a1

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3 Bf6
18. Rb1 Qb4
19. Bd2 Qb5
20. c4 Qb8
21. cxd5 exd5
22. g5 Be7
23. Qc1 Bd6
24. Kg2 Nd4
25. Nxd4 cxd4
26. h3 R-c8
27. Q-e1 Rc2
28. R-a1

Sanny
2009-05-07 16:16:37 UTC
>   I suppose it is possible that I did not play him
> until after switching to my current handle, help
> bot, but that fails to account for the decent play
> of rasharma; surely, that could not have been
> an unassisted Sanny?

I had seen your old games and I knew you were stronger player. So I
was only playing a defensive game. I exchanged any piece you bring
near me.

But I could not see that rook comming inside.

I am 1200 player when playing for fun.

When playing with GetClub I play at 1400 strength

When playing with Human Opponents I play at 1600 strength.

And when I know the opponent is stronger than me I play at 1800.

If I memorize all opening and theories I can play as strong as 2200+
player. But for that I will need a new life as my this life is nearly
over. And I cannot pursue a career in Chess at this stage.

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-07 16:58:41 UTC
On May 7, 12:16 pm, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> If I memorize all opening and theories I can play as strong as 2200+
> player. But for that I will need a new life as my this life is nearly
> over. And I cannot pursue a career in Chess at this stage.

Boy, I sure can empathize, Sanny. Piddly little things like that
have hampered my ambitions throughout my life. I could have made
millions playing NBA basketball if only I were tall, strong, quick and
able to dribble, shoot and rebound. I could have been a world famous
rock star if only I had musical talent. I could have been President of
the United States if only more people had voted for me. And I could
have been fabulously wealthy if only I had more money. Life is so
unfair.
SAT W-7
2009-05-07 20:39:42 UTC
Ivans move is ,Queen B-8 to E-8 ..attacking GC Queen .....

Ivan - 2.3

I.35 PM now , going back off line until i get home at 4 to 4.30 AM
Friday .. I am still tired from last nights work and i am going to try
and sleep more before i have to go to work tonight.
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-07 21:01:21 UTC
On May 7, 4:39 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:

> Ivans move is ,Queen B-8 to E-8 ..attacking GC Queen .....
>
>   Ivan - 2.3

A good move; it was one of Fritz8's top choices too. The move I
liked best though was 28... Bf4!. White then either has to defend the
Bd2 with 29.Rd1, which allows 29...Rxa2, or go for 29.Bxf4 Qxf4, when
30.Qe7 is about the only halfway decent move White has left. But then
Black plays 30...Bxh3+! 31.Kxh3 Qf3+ 32. Kh4 Rxf2 33. Rxf2 Qxf2+ 34.
Kg4, and after 34...Rf8 intending 35...f5+, White may as well resign.
Sanny
2009-05-08 06:04:43 UTC
On May 8, 1:39 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is ,Queen B-8 to E-8 ..attacking GC Queen .....

GetClub Played King to g1 K-g1

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1 a3
17. b3 Bf6
18. Rb1 Qb4
19. Bd2 Qb5
20. c4 Qb8
21. cxd5 exd5
22. g5 Be7
23. Qc1 Bd6
24. Kg2 Nd4
25. Nxd4 cxd4
26. h3 R-c8
27. Q-e1 Rc2
28. R-a1 Qe8
29. Kg1

GetClub loosing by 4.3 points.

Bye
Sanny

help bot
2009-05-07 23:32:45 UTC
On May 7, 12:58 pm, ***@comcast.net wrote:

>   Boy, I sure can empathize, Sanny. Piddly little things like that
> have hampered my ambitions throughout my life. I could have made
> millions playing NBA basketball if only I were tall, strong, quick and
> able to dribble, shoot and rebound. I could have been a world famous
> rock star if only I had musical talent.

Becoming a rock star does not necessarily
entail having musical talent. Let's just say
that some famous singers can sing well,
while others are merely famous (for reasons
unknown).

> I could have been President of
> the United States if only more people had voted for me.

a lot of money (think JFK), a Harvard degree
in law, and name recognition. Thus, were
you to change your name to MacDonald or
Starbuck and go back to college and rob
a few banks, nothing could stand in your
way. Just remember that running as a
Libertarian entails certain defeat. My
advice is to figure out which party is in the
White House right before election time,
and bet that they will screw everything up
royally, just as has always happened in
the past. Don't run against an incumbent
president, unless the economy is tanking.

> And I could have been fabulously wealthy if only I had
> more money. Life is so unfair.

Money goes to where it is treated best.

Last year (2008), I lost less money than
the world's greatest investor, Warren
Buffet; /a lot less/. Thus, you shouldn't
listen to him, but rather, to me.

-- help bot
madams
2009-05-08 00:15:08 UTC
Sanny wrote:

> > I suppose it is possible that I did not play him
> > until after switching to my current handle, help
> > bot, but that fails to account for the decent play
> > of rasharma; surely, that could not have been
> > an unassisted Sanny?
>
> I had seen your old games and I knew you were stronger player. So I
> was only playing a defensive game. I exchanged any piece you bring
> near me.
>
> But I could not see that rook comming inside.
>
> I am 1200 player when playing for fun.
>
> When playing with GetClub I play at 1400 strength
>
> When playing with Human Opponents I play at 1600 strength.
>
> And when I know the opponent is stronger than me I play at 1800.
>
> If I memorize all opening and theories I can play as strong as 2200+
> player. But for that I will need a new life as my this life is nearly
> over. And I cannot pursue a career in Chess at this stage.

Next time...maybe you come back as Rybka..

help bot
2009-05-08 03:47:34 UTC
On May 7, 8:15 pm, madams <***@bluesky.au> wrote:

> > If I memorize all opening and theories I can play as strong as 2200+
> > player. But for that I will need a new life as my this life is nearly
> > over. And I cannot pursue a career in Chess at this stage.

> Next time...maybe you come back as Rybka..

As I understand it, the process does not work
that way. No, Sanny will have to suffer due
punishment for all his lies here in rgc, by being
reborn as some simpler, more primitive form
of life-- let's say a fruit-fly or a horned toad.

That's the bad news. The good news is that
in his next life as some insignificant insect or
reptile, he will have lots of company, for many
of the denizens of rgc will likewise get demoted
to fruit-flies, toads or perhaps some type of
fish.

The cycle repeats itself again and again,
until the indicidual or "soul" learns to stop lying
or what-have-you. Notice the inclusion of
punishment, but the lack of sadistic ideas we
find prevalent in Judeo-Christian religion-- the
idea of burning for all eternity and that sort of
thing.

Note also that getting reborn here on Earth
in some other form is /not quite/ the same as
immortality, for eventually the sun will expand,
at which time we are all toast-- extra crispy.

-- help bot
help bot
2009-05-06 21:20:15 UTC
On May 6, 8:13 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:

>  who would be the first to win 5 games between Helpbot and Mr K ???    I
> would like to see them play a tournament ..Would it be a 40 or 50 game
> classic like Kasporov and Karpov ?

Um, I don't think so. You see, that Karpov
fellow had a lot of training, including attending
Mr. Botvinnik's chess school, while I have not
had even one chess lesson... unless you
count all those tournament losses as such
(quite a few of those were "lessons").

My prediction is that Mr. K(asparov) would
demand that 100% of the official prize fund
(along with an undisclosed under-the-table
sum) go to the winner, plus movie rights. In
response, I would be forced to "demand"
QN-and-move odds in every game, thus
thwarting his evil scheme (or rather, just
making him work a bit for his pay.

> By the way that game should have
> never been stopped until they had a winner ..Who cares how tired they
> were , you suck it up and keep playing until you get a winner ..The
> strongest will win.....

To get this right, you have to back up to
the point where /FIDE/ determined the
match conditions; it was, I believe, the
FIDE assembly which decided in favor of
a no-limit match-- a beginner's blunder if
ever there was one. Now, add on the
problems with the venue (we're taking
things chronologically, for that is how
things actually occur in the real world)
and, let's say, the match arbiter not
wanting to spend the rest of his natural
life officiating just one chess match, the
supposed health problems (I say
supposed because it is normal for the
players to lose weight in such an event),
Ray Keene's attempts to negotiate a
halt to the match, journalists who for
some reason do not want to spend the
rest of their natural lives covering one
chess match, and then, finally, we get
to where the Presidente of FIDE enters,
stage right. Of course, we all know
how the talking heads feel about /him/;
it is no secret that Mr. Keene ran against
Mr. Campomanes in a hotly-contested
FIDE election, losing badly. No wonder
then, that the Evans ratpack has ever
after whined and cried, and lashed out
at Mr. Campomanes in much the same
way as Richardo Montalban did James
T. Kirk in the Star Trek movie, The
Wrath of Khan... .

Oddly enough, the bizarre spin was
that when the FIDE Presidente halted
the match, declaring it a draw and arbi-
trarily deciding that a new match would
start /with the score at 0-0/, this was
supposedly proof that Mr. Kasparov
had been cheated! LOL Well, he was
cheated of an opportunity to possibly
set some record with regard to his age,
although I suspect that Mr. Tal (as well
as Mr. Morphy) was not so very easily
bested here.

I once watched one of those ultimate
fighting championships, which is run
much like a Swiss system chess tour-
nament. During the event, a seperate
"match" was held in the ring, with two
former UFC champions facing one
another under specific conditions. The
result was obviously going to be a draw,
with the smaller fellow defending on his
back, the more muscular chap on top
punching him-- but carefully. This was
simply not what the organizers wanted;
the crowd, it was thought, wanted blood;
they wanted a decisive match, one way
or the other. So, what did they do?
Why, they changed the rules in mid-
game! It was arbitrarily decided that
another ten minutes would be added
on, and the guy whose strategy was to
"survive" got bloodied and beaten into
submission. I am reminded of those
old Roman gladiator fights, attended
by throngs of blood-thirsty primitives...
ah, but little has really changed in two
thousand years, except that now we
have slow-motion replay... .

I was gravely disappointed by the
UFC, as those guys lacked any real
skill (except the little guy who could
defend while on his back). I've seen
more fighting skill in a 30-second TV
commercial for a Jackie Chan movie
than in this entire program! Come
to think of it, I saw more skill in the old
TV series, Kung Fu... and I expect
that David Carradine could take just
about any of these guys in a set
match, using just his Kung Fu acting
skills. Bruce Lee could have taken
all of them on at the same time... .

-- help bot
help bot
2009-05-03 22:54:36 UTC
On May 3, 12:37 pm, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >   O  i  think i see it , if GC pawn takes pawn then E-7 bishop to F-6
> > attacking rook + queen attacking the B-I so rook is trapped. Will GC see
> > it ??

> Yes GetClub saw that Trap. Today getclu was improved 2 times. So it
> will play twice stronger.

Do not think for one second that the GetClub
engine would fall for such trickery; at this level,
GC sees almost everything there is to see,
except Sam Loyd-style problem scenarios,
which virtually no engine can solve. Indeed,
the rating system has yet to be devised which
can properly account for the, ah, uniqueness
of the GetClub program. While the very latest
versions of Fritz and Rybka may top common
rating lists, experts agree that GetClub: "is in
a class by itself" ..."is unrivalled in its depth of
understanding" ..."has few if any equals" ...
"words fail me" ..."is unlike any other".

-- help bot
Sanny
2009-05-02 05:26:30 UTC
On May 2, 2:16 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> ivans move is B-7 to B-5 pawn

GetClub Played pawn to d3 attacking your knight. P-d3.

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3

GetClub loosing by 4.0 points. Looks like the bishop will get trapped
by pawns.

>   Ivan -2.5
>
>   Yes your bishop is gone

Yes its gone in 10 ply.

>    We should play Normal level  , i know you want to play Easy level ,
> but since Helpbot plays Normal level  and he say's it plays the best
> chess out of all your levels  we should test that level...

I think Easy Level will be sufficient. Incase IVAN wins Easy levelk we
can switch to Normal Level,

Beginner: 10 sec / move
Easy: 40 sec / move
Normal: 2.5 min / move
Master: 10 min / move
Advance: 1 hour / move

>   I do not want to stop this game yet unless you want too ..Id like to
> see if GC can fight back....

Once GetClub loses Bishop we can switch to new Game against Easy Level
which thinks 4 times longer. That will give good challenge to IVAN.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-02 05:40:39 UTC
Ivans move is Knight E-4 x F-2 pawn ..

Thanks for posting the time limits on your levels... Ok Easy level it
will be ....

Ivan -2.5
Sanny
2009-05-02 05:57:44 UTC
On May 2, 10:40 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is Knight E-4 x F-2 pawn ..

GetClub Played knight to take your knight at f2 Nxf2

After you take Bishop 14... bxa4 GetClub will Play: B-f4

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4

GetClub loosing by 3.0 points.

Ivan got Just 1 pawn advantage it was unable to trap the Bishop by
playing N-d6 and after Bishop is moved to b3 then IVAN playing c4
attacking Bishop.

Now IVAN is 2 pawns up.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-02 09:56:04 UTC
Ivan - 2.I

I will try and put the number in on every move .
SAT W-7
2009-05-02 09:55:03 UTC
Ivans move is Queen D-8 to B-6 ..

OK i am with you , your bishop is at F-4

Maybe GC might turn this game around with ivans two pawns on the A file
..
Now Ivan is thinking hard first it was thinking of the F-pawn to F-5
then F-6 ...
Now it is thinking of moving the Queen ..That is the move ..That was
about one & half min of thinking....As the game gets more complicated it
thinks longer just like in a real tournament ..

nite
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-02 15:49:43 UTC
On May 2, 5:55 am, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is  Queen D-8 to B-6 ..

13...Nxf2 was definitely less-than-best play by Ivan; with 13...Nd6
or Nf6 it could have been a full piece up. Apparently its horizon is
no better, perhaps even less, than GetClub's, though its evaluation
algorithms are clearly superior.
Still, despite Ivan missing the win of a piece, Fritz8 rates the
current position at about -3.4. 15...Qb6 was a good move, gaining time
by threatening the b-pawn, and placing the queen where she bears down
on the a7-g1 diagonal, which was weakened by 13...Nxf2. So it's play
is showing some logical coherence. Fritz right now favors a plan
of ...f7-f6 and ...e6-e5, with domination in the center, as I
mentioned a few moves ago.
Sanny
2009-05-03 03:59:59 UTC
On May 2, 2:55 pm, ***@webtv.net (SAT W-7) wrote:
> Ivans move is  Queen D-8 to B-6 ..

GetClub Played Bishop to c1 protecting the pawn B-c1

1. e4 c5
2. Nc3 Nc6
3. Nd5 e6
4. Nf4 Nf6
5. Bb5 Nxe4
6. Nf3 Bd6
7. Nh3 0-0
8. 0-0 Be7
9. Bc4 d5
10. Bb5 Bd7
11. g4 a6
12. Ba4 b5
13. d3 Nxf2
14. Nxf2 bxa4
15. B-f4 Qb6
16. B-c1

GetClub loosing by 1.8 points.

Now IVAN is 2 pawns up. Nice move by IVAN as Taylor Kingston
suggested.

Bye
Sanny

help bot
2009-04-29 05:23:58 UTC
On Apr 29, 1:01 am, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 1. e4 c5
> 2. Nc3 Nc6
> 3. Nd5 e6
> 4. Nf4 Nf6
> 5. Bb5 Nxe4
> 6. Nf3 Bd6
> 7. Nh3 0-0
> 8. 0-0

In The Complete Galacti-base, containing
over three hundred billion trillions of games,
this exact position has occured but once--
in a contest between Zarknoid Armadillos
and the Ant-people from the land of Oz.

In fact, the strategy of transfering the
Queen's Knight to h3 via c3-d5-f4 was not
discovered until quite recently, and is con-
sidered by modern scholars as evidence
of an intelligence that we humans cannot
even begin to comprehend, due to our
very limited intelligence. However, it
should be noted that some critics -- most
notably among them, the Rybka engine --
maintain that this is not "strategy" at all,
but rather, aimless wandering, like when
one is lost in a fog.

But one should never listen to critics, for
they are opinionated scum who, rather
than write their own chess engines or
books, merely take cheap shots from a
safe distance, hoping to be thought of as
"clever". It is not the critic who counts,
but rather, the bold and daring doer of
deeds, who risks stepping in cow-pies
whilst wearing his Sunday-best oxfords... .

-- help bot
madams
2009-04-29 02:45:26 UTC
SAT W-7 wrote:

> Bishop F-8 to D-6 .....
>
> I have Ivan on his strongest level , he has to make 45 moves in I45
> minutes ....Some moves like this move and knight takes pawn move it made
> in about 2 seconds ....When the game gets more complicated it takes a
> little longer.
> Why not play GC on it's strongest level ??

My thoughts entirely. Sanny should show IVAN the terrible some respect
after the most recent debacle @ baby-level & immediately resign the game
in progress..

He should then return to the fray with GetCrud set @ the much vaunted &
much feared 'super-eternity-turbo-GM-busting-mode' level, & rub his
hands gleefully as IVAN the terrible becomes IVAN the trembler, its
battery flattens like the proverbial cow-pat & everyone claps Sanny on
the back & praises him for his clever strategy..

m.
help bot
2009-04-29 03:42:48 UTC
On Apr 28, 10:45 pm, madams <***@bluesky.au> wrote:

> >    Why not play GC on it's  strongest level ??

> My thoughts entirely. Sanny should show IVAN the terrible some respect
> after the most recent debacle @ baby-level & immediately resign the game
> in progress..
>
> He should then return to the fray with GetCrud set @ the much vaunted &
> much feared 'super-eternity-turbo-GM-busting-mode' level, & rub his
> hands gleefully as IVAN the terrible becomes IVAN the trembler, its
> battery flattens like the proverbial cow-pat & everyone claps Sanny on
> the back & praises him for his clever strategy..

There is no need to choose one extreme or
the other, 10 seconds per move or a near-
eternity; GetClub has several middle levels,
each of which plays far stronger than what
we've seen here or in the last debacle.

Here is a list of the levels, ranked in order
from worst to so-so:

Baby

Beginner

Easy

Normal

Master

Advance

Note that while Easy level may well be a
fair match for one of Ivan's lower levels,
Normal level plays much, much better
chess than what we've seen here in rgc
recently. Because of the tendency of
GetClub to go cuckoo on Advance and
Master levels against me, I often play the
Normal level.

However, since millions of fans are
closely observing these games here in
rgc, why not play a slower game, like the
time control chosen by Mr. SAT for Ivan?
Surely, Sanny's patience is not so thin
as to require that his masterpiece reply
instantly? Just find something else to
do while the Great GetClub engine
thinks.

-- help bot
Sanny
2009-04-29 05:07:40 UTC
>   However, since millions of fans are
> closely observing these games here in
> rgc, why not play a slower game, like the
> time control chosen by Mr. SAT for Ivan?
> Surely, Sanny's patience is not so thin
> as to require that his masterpiece reply
> instantly?    Just find something else to
> do while the Great GetClub engine
> thinks.

IVAN is playing at highest settings. And Beginner plays equal to that.
and Easy Level can easily beat IVAN. So no need to play against the
higher levels.

When in early days GetClub was weak. I used to play with Normal Level
vs IVAN. But now I think Beginner is sufficient for IVAN.

But since GetClub is doing blunders I feel, next time I will have
match against Easy Level which thinks 40 sec / move.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-04-29 22:09:46 UTC
Helpbot plays GC Normal level , lets play that in the next game ..He
say's it plays good chess.
Make ivan really think hard on every move...
You know reading all your levels , why not cut down your levels to 3
and and it might be easier to get your system stronger and better with
fewer levels.....

Helpbot , what color do you play the most when you play nomal level ?
Ivan will play your color.
SAT W-7
2009-04-28 17:54:03 UTC
Let Taylor or Helpbot give you GC first 4 moves ....They know good
openings ..
help bot
2009-04-29 02:17:09 UTC
On Apr 27, 1:25 pm, Sanny <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

> 1. e4 c5
> 2. Nc3 Nc6
> 3. Nd5 e6
> 4. Nf4
>
> Simmilar Game:http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?id=DM43456&game=Chess
>
> > How come you made that move , why not move the other knight out ?  Lets
> > let GC and  Ivan play against each other ..
>
> I played Nf4 as simmilar game was played earlier and I can just copy
> paste the first 4 moves from database.
>
> > Now you have to waste a move to get the knight back out ..
>
> Yes, Lets see what Help Bot and Taylor Kingston say.

Mr. Kingston is probably lurking like a
spider, waiting for a careless spelling error
to crop up before making another of his
typical "contributions".

My view is that the game was going marvel-
ously until 3. Nd5, a time-losing error. In fact,
I note that for the first two moves play was
following numerous grandmaster games, as
well as one of my /very rare/ wins over a Mr.
Wiseman-- a famous master from Indiana;
as a matter of fact, it was not merely a win,
but a miniature. I must confess that the
poor fellow fell into a book trap-- not some
ingenious tactical wizardry emanating from
my own mind.

Ivan's response to the premature invasion
was appropriate. Having played numerous
games against the GetClub program, I find
it difficult to believe it will not "get clubbed"
by Ivan at these lower levels; whether ten
seconds or thirty, the program sees very
little in the way of tactics, and has a
number of problems, such as ignoring en
passant captures in its calculations, and
giving huge bonuses for spite checks.

-- help bot