New Game , Ivan vs GC
SAT W-7
2009-05-13 20:23:31 UTC
Ivans move is E-7 to E-5 pawn

Sanny how come you want to keep playing Beginner level when most of the
people who play your program play Easy or Normal level.
I am not sure GC can win with those two levels ....

But that is OK , we can play this level again....

Remember do not get crazy with your Knights , just bring them out to F-3
or C-3 and try and not move them again....Lets let GC or Ivan attack...

Yeah Mr K , i think Sanny should have let GC keep playing that last game
.
Sanny
2009-05-14 06:35:43 UTC
  Ivans move is  E-7 to E-5 pawn
GetClub played Nf3

1. e5 e5
2. Nf3
Sanny how come you want to keep playing Beginner level when most of the
people who play your program play Easy or Normal level.
   I am not sure GC can win with those two levels ....
Beginner has been improved a lot last week. So Now I am confident
Beginner will give a good challenge to IVAN. Today I played Beginner
with Jester 12 sec/move and Jester took 80 moves to win the game.

Earlier Jester used to take just 40 moves to win But due to huge
improvements Beginner is giving tough fight even though it thinks for
just 10 sec.
   But that is OK , we can play this level again....
Ok game with Beginner
Remember do not get crazy with your Knights , just bring them out to F-3
or C-3 and try and not move them again....Lets let GC or Ivan attack...
Ok
Yeah Mr K , i think Sanny should have let GC keep playing that last game
That game it was impossible for GetClub to win or Draw as it was 3
points down.

I resigned because after GetClub has improved I was looking for a
fresh game where GetClub Wins.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-14 11:46:23 UTC
Ivans move is G-8 to F-6 attacking pawn ..

Hey do not take Ivans pawn with the Knight , unless Ivan takes GC pawn
then take it .
Maybe move D-2 to 3 or 4 , or bring your other knight out ..Lets try a
different opening ..
Sanny
2009-05-14 16:25:01 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move is G-8 to F-6 attacking pawn ..
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc6

Related Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?id=DM44680&game=Chess
Post by SAT W-7
Hey do not take Ivans pawn with the Knight , unless Ivan takes GC pawn
then take it .
Maybe move D-2 to 3 or 4 , or bring your other knight out ..Lets try a
different opening ..
Yes I brought out Knight. It was very difficult to find a recorded
game like that. But I found one.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-14 20:16:08 UTC
Ivans move is , B-8 to C-6 Knight .....

On your move you put C-6 .....Change to C-3.

Do not take the pawn , make one more move and then GC and Ivan will be
playing each other.....
Sanny
2009-05-15 07:41:22 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move is , B-8 to C-6 Knight .....
On your move you put C-6 .....Change to C-3.
Do not take the pawn , make one more move and then GC and Ivan will be
playing each other.....
GetClub Played Bb5

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5

Bye
Sanny

help bot
2009-05-15 08:10:26 UTC
Post by Sanny
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5
This is called the Four Knights game. It is well-known
that if Black mindlessly copies White's moves, as for
example, ...B-b4 and so forth, eventually there will come
a point where White can win by force.

The precise moves and move-order escape me, but
it is merely a formality for me to calculate the refutation
as published time and again in the pages of such rags
as Chess Life, for the combination as I recall, was a
paltry fifteen or so plies deep. ;>D

This opening was fairly popular a long time ago, and it
follows the maxim, (develop) "Knights before Bishops".
But the usual move-order is: e4 e5, Nf3 Nc6, Nc3 Nf6.

-- help bot
SAT W-7
2009-05-15 12:42:50 UTC
Thanks i should have read your post first Helpbot. ..Your right it
moved Bishop -B-4 .
OK this will be good , can GC win by force ?
Or did ivans programmer know that white can win by force and program it
to do a move or two different ? We shall see.....

This will be a interesting game , Sanny said he took a few bugs out so
it will play better ..

nite
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-15 13:16:00 UTC
Thanks i should have read your  post first Helpbot. ..Your right it
moved Bishop -B-4 .
  OK this will be good , can GC win by force ?
Or did ivans programmer know that white can win by force and program it
to do a move or two different ?  We shall see.....
The theoretical point at which White can win by force is far ahead.
In the book lines Black breaks symmetry well before that, normally at
move 7 or 8, after 5.0-0 0-0 6.d3 d6 and either 7.Bg5 Bxc3, or 7.Ne2
Ne7 8.c3 Ba5, according to MCO-13 (1990).
This will be a interesting game , Sanny said he took a few bugs out so
it will play better ..
Don't count on it. Yesterday Sanny claimed that Beginner and Easy
levels would play "perfect" chess. Instead, as usual, they managed to
get lost positions within the first 20 moves or so. Like the boy who
cried "Wolf!", Sanny continues to proclaim GetClub's greatness almost
every day here. In repeating this lie ad nauseam, Sanny bores this
group to tears, and damages his immortal soul.
Sanny
2009-05-15 16:20:45 UTC
Thanks i should have read your  post first Helpbot. ..Your right it
moved Bishop -B-4 .
GetClub Played Queen to e2 Q-e2

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2

Giving 1.0 advantage to GetClub

Bye
Sanny

Sanny
2009-05-15 16:24:20 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
This will be a interesting game , Sanny said he took a few bugs out so
it will play better ..
  Don't count on it. Yesterday Sanny claimed that Beginner and Easy
levels would play "perfect" chess. Instead, as usual, they managed to
get lost positions within the first 20 moves or so. Like the boy who
cried "Wolf!", Sanny continues to proclaim GetClub's greatness almost
every day here. In repeating this lie ad nauseam, Sanny bores this
group to tears, and damages his immortal soul.
Its true the GetClub was modified. But last 2 months each modification
weaken the game.

Now I removed all modifications and find it is playing stronger.

I am very confident this time GetClub will win the game as GetClub is
much improved now.

Uf you started a game 2 hours back I suggest you restart the program
as there was a bug which was removed just an hour back.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-15 17:31:08 UTC
ivans move is , Queen D-8 to E-7 ..

It was thinking of knight to D-4 and now queen to e-7 ....

So far the same moves and now ivan thinks
GC + 0.I ........Why wouldn't it be 0.0 since they are in the same set
up..

Helpbot is right so far the same moves ..

Sanny thinks GC will win and i think Ivan will win..If Ivan wins this
game Sanny needs to go up another level .....

ivan and gc should castle on their next moves.
Sanny
2009-05-15 17:51:46 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
ivans move is , Queen D-8 to E-7 ..
GetClub took your knight at c6 with Bishop Bxc6

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6

Giving 0.7 advantage to GetClub
Post by SAT W-7
It was thinking of knight to D-4 and now queen to e-7 ....
So far the same moves and now ivan thinks
GC + 0.I ........Why wouldn't it be 0.0 since they are in the same set
up..
Its because White has the next move So White is the leader and IVAN
isthe follower.
Post by SAT W-7
Sanny thinks GC will win and i think Ivan will win..If Ivan wins this
game Sanny needs to go up another level .....
I am quite sure. GetClub has White too.
Post by SAT W-7
ivan and gc should castle on their next moves.
Not now first take the bishop.

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-15 18:53:37 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
ivans move is , Queen D-8 to E-7 ..
It was thinking of knight to D-4 and now queen to e-7 ....
So far the same moves and now ivan thinks
GC + 0.I ........Why wouldn't it be 0.0 since they are in the same set
up..
Helpbot is right so far the same moves ..
Sanny thinks GC will win and i think Ivan will win..If Ivan wins this
game Sanny needs to go up another level .....
ivan and gc should castle on their next moves.
Interesting. Out of nearly 3 million games on CB's Mega Database
2005, only one matches this position:

[Event "SVK-chT2W 0203"]
[Site "Slovakia"]
[Date "2002.11.09"]
[Round "3.7"]
[White "Slovik, Vojtech"]
[Black "Bukovsky, Milan"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "C49"]
[WhiteElo "2030"]
[BlackElo "2056"]
[PlyCount "99"]
[EventDate "2002.10.??"]
[EventType "team"]
[EventRounds "11"]
[EventCountry "SVK"]
[Source "ChessBase"]
[SourceDate "2004.11.15"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Nf6 4. Nc3 Bb4 5. Qe2 Qe7 6. Nd5 Nxd5 7.
exd5 Nd4 8.
Nxd4 exd4 9. Qxe7+ Kxe7 10. O-O Re8 11. a3 Bd6 12. Re1+ Kf8 13. Rxe8+
Kxe8 14.
b4 a5 15. Bb2 axb4 16. Bxd4 Kf8 17. a4 Ra5 18. Bc4 c6 19. Bb6 Ra8 20.
a5 c5 21.
d4 cxd4 22. Bxd4 f6 23. Bd3 Be5 24. Bxe5 fxe5 25. Bxh7 b6 26. a6 Rxa6
27. Rxa6
Bxa6 28. d6 Kf7 29. Bf5 Bb5 30. h4 Kf6 31. g4 g6 32. Be4 Be2 33. g5+
Kf7 34.
Bd5+ Kf8 35. f3 b5 36. Kf2 Bc4 37. Be4 Kf7 38. Ke3 b3 39. cxb3 Bxb3
40. Kd3
Bc4+ 41. Kc3 Ba2 42. Kb4 Bc4 43. Kc5 Kg7 44. Bb7 Kf7 45. Be4 Kg7 46.
Bc6 Be6
47. Bxb5 Kf8 48. Bd3 Kf7 49. Be4 Bh3 50. Kd5 1-0

This is out of 3,913 games that matched through move 4. There are 14
games where White played 5.Qe2, but only the one where Black replied
symmetrically.
SAT W-7
2009-05-15 19:26:50 UTC
Ivans move is D-7 x C-6 ..Pawn x bishop .

It did not think about taking it with the other pawn ..

Ivan thinks it is winning - 0.3 ....It likes the bishops long rang power
projection over the knights....

That is amazing how many games are recorded and only one had our
position .....White won that game too and i will play that game out
later when i get the chance ..I need to get out and mow my lawn ..I put
it off last week and now the grass is tall.....Sanny is thiking GC will
win too .

gc has doubled up ivans pawns so ivan will have to really think hard to
win...
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-15 19:40:26 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move is D-7 x C-6 ..Pawn x bishop .
It did not think about taking it with the other pawn ..
Ivan thinks it is winning - 0.3 ....It likes the bishops long rang power
projection over the knights....
That is amazing how many games are recorded and only one had our
position .....White won that game too and i will play that game out
later when i get the chance ..I need to get out and mow my lawn ..I put
it off last week and now the grass is tall.....Sanny is thiking GC will
win too .
gc has doubled up ivans pawns  so ivan will have to really think hard to
win...
What makes you think doubled pawns are such a big deal? In most
cases they are not very important.
help bot
2009-05-18 04:35:53 UTC
  What makes you think doubled pawns are such a big deal? In most
cases they are not very important.
Most cases? Another wild and reckless assertion
by the madcap or "cowboy" renegade, Mr. Kingston.
Let's watch to see if he supports this willy-nilly claim,
or if he just relies upon blind hope that no one will
challenge it-- that it will slip by, unnoticed... .

Remember, TK's own standards require that the
assertionist is under the gun, not his critics; we are
told that TK believes such assertions must be
proved... but what does he /really/ believe? (One
need merely observe the response to this post.)

-- annoying bot
madams
2009-05-20 23:29:05 UTC
***@comcast.net wrote:
.
Post by t***@comcast.net
What makes you think doubled pawns are such a big deal? In most
cases they are not very important.
I agree with this; in fact, in many of my games I actively wish for my
opponent to do just that, figuring he's scoring himself brownie/points
for doubling pawns 'cause the book told him so - if he only knew! Of
course, when it's me who does the doubling it's usually a cheapie to win
the e-pawn or I've got a favourable ending in mind..

m.
help bot
2009-05-22 22:00:58 UTC
Post by madams
  What makes you think doubled pawns are such a big deal? In most
cases they are not very important.
I agree with this; in fact, in many of my games I actively wish for my
opponent to do just that, figuring he's scoring himself brownie/points
for doubling pawns 'cause the book told him so - if he only knew! Of
course, when it's me who does the doubling it's usually a cheapie to win
the e-pawn or I've got a favourable ending in mind..
Two points:

1) the doubling of pawns can happen at any time--
not only in the book portion of the chess openings;
it can even happen in the endgame.

2) Cowboy Kingston did not merely suggest that
tactics predominate; he boldly asserted that /in
most cases/, doubled pawns are not very impor-
tant. That's quite a leap of logic, presented with-
out any supporting evidence whatever. Too bad
there is not a function in ChessBase where one
can hit a button and instantly get an answer to
such questions as this (i.e. most cases... impor-
tant).

Personally, I believe that most games are deci-
ded by tactics, but some tactical possibilities are
the result of such things as... doubled pawns and
the weak squares they leave in their wake, the
half-open files they engender, etc.

As one chap put it, long ago, pawns are the
very soul of the game.

Weak players tend to have very poor judge-
ment as to if or when to allow/inflict doubled
pawns. Take Sanny, for instance; he gives a
bonus/penalty of half a point for /any/ doubling
of pawns-- even favorable ones. In view of
this, it is not safe (Marathon Man) to assume
that, because in the games of a couple of
better players doubled pawns are not often
important, it follows that overall they aren't
important in "most cases".
Okay, it *is* safe. Just tell me what it is
you want to know. How about some more oil
of clove? No, that nerve is dead; we need a
fresh one. Is it safe... to double ones pawns?

-- help bot
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-22 22:40:55 UTC
Post by madams
  What makes you think doubled pawns are such a big deal? In most
cases they are not very important.
I agree with this; in fact, in many of my games I actively wish for my
opponent to do just that, figuring he's scoring himself brownie/points
for doubling pawns 'cause the book told him so - if he only knew! Of
course, when it's me who does the doubling it's usually a cheapie to win
the e-pawn or I've got a favourable ending in mind..
1)  the doubling of pawns can happen at any time--
not only in the book portion of the chess openings;
it can even happen in the endgame.
Our Greg has a firm grasp of the obvious.
2)  Cowboy Kingston did not merely suggest that
tactics predominate;
"Did not merely suggest"? I don't recall asserting it at all in this
thread.
he boldly asserted that /in
most cases/, doubled pawns are not very impor-
tant.   That's quite a leap of logic,
No, it's a generalization. Really, Greg, you need to learn what
words mean. A leap of logic would be something like this:

Major premise: All red-haired men are thieves.
Conclusion: Paul is a thief.

That's a leap of logic because the requisite minor premise, i.e.
"Paul is a red-haired man," is missing. Not at all the same thing as a
general observation.
presented with-
out any supporting evidence whatever.
It's an opinion based on decades of chess study and experience.
Conclusive evidence would require a dissertation involving hundreds,
perhaps thousands of games. They don't pay enough here on rgcm for me
to go to that much trouble.
  Weak players tend to have very poor judge-
ment as to if or when to allow/inflict doubled
pawns.
Quite so. I recall an analysis session years ago with a kid rated
about 1200. At one point he suggested putting a knight en prise,
because the capture created doubled pawns. He clearly had a vastly
inflated idea of their importance. The comment by SAT-W7 earlier in
this thread indicates he does also.
Take Sanny, for instance; he gives a
bonus/penalty of half a point for /any/ doubling
of pawns-- even favorable ones.
A very relevant case in point. Sanny has absolutely no idea why and/
or when doubled pawns are good or bad, and how to capitalize on them.
I asked him, for example, what should be White's general plan to
capitalize on Black's doubled pawns in the Exchange Ruy Lopez. He did
not respond, obviously because he hasn't the vaguest notion. So his
program plays against the Nimzo-Indian badly because it has an
exaggerated fear of doubled pawns, and it promiscuously exchanges
bishops for knights in the mistaken belief that it's gaining a
definite advantage by inflicting doubled pawns.
SAT W-7
2009-05-23 00:05:43 UTC
So Sanny programmed his machine to trade bishops for knights to double
pawns ?
My Ivan and i had a Talking Chess Challenger , old machine and i wish
i still had it , that machine would usually send one knight after your
bishops , almost like a suicide mission to trade ....LOL.....
Ivan likes bishops over knights too , i expect most computers like
bishops over knights for their long range power projection....I like
them too ......

By the way i think GC needs a + I.50 to 2.00 advantage going into
the end game to win ..

If they are even or less than that i belive Ivan wins this game ....
help bot
2009-05-23 04:00:47 UTC
     By the way i think GC needs a + I.50 to 2.00 advantage going into
the end game to win ..
In many positions, in order to win, the King
MUST be activated and put to good use. In
my current game at GetClub (still plodding
along, occasionally), the screen shows that
I am more than four points down, and yet
GetClub cannot see nearly deep enough to
find a winning plan. Instead, it keeps on
switching the "resigns" button to "draw" for
just an instant, as if a ploy to trick the oppo-
nent into clicking it and thereby inadvertently
resigning the game.

It depends on the position, but note that
GetClub "wastes" its own King in many
endings, and the King is worth far more
than two points.

-- help bot
help bot
2009-05-23 03:53:24 UTC
  It's an opinion based on decades of chess study and experience.
Uh, decades of study and experience the result
is what-- 1750 or so USCF? Let's try to keep
things in perspective, Dr. Knowitall. Even Sam
Sloan is a better "authority" here, based on his
objective results OTB. And if it's only time that
counts, then we can surely rustle up an old timer
or two, who will trump any claim to authority by
a relative youngster like Mr.Kingston.
Conclusive evidence would require a dissertation
Spare us! We've already seen what can
happen to logic and reason when they are
placed under the stewardship of the likes of
Mr. Kingston. One is reminded of Dr. Zaius
in the movie Planet of the Apes, who was in
charge of the disposition of Charlton Heston's
unfortunate character, not to mention also
being the Minister of Science-- "True
Science" being that which does not conflict
with one's religious dogmas.
He clearly had a vastly inflated idea of their importance.
The comment by SAT-W7 earlier in this thread indicates he does also.
Getting ready to LEAP from this observation
to "most" and "not very important"?
 Take Sanny, for instance; he gives a
bonus/penalty of half a point for /any/ doubling
of pawns-- even favorable ones.
  A very relevant case in point. Sanny has absolutely no idea why and/
or when doubled pawns are good or bad, and how to capitalize on them.
I asked him, for example, what should be White's general plan to
capitalize on Black's doubled pawns in the Exchange Ruy Lopez.
You should first have sent him one of your
books on that opening, to be fair. One can
not simply "demand" answers to questions
of one's own choosing. Then again, that's
precisely what the Orangutans did to poor
Charlton Heston, after stripping him naked
but before gagging and restraining him so
they could proceed with their version of
America's own "monkey" trial.
He did not respond, obviously because he hasn't the vaguest notion. So his
program plays against the Nimzo-Indian badly because it has an
exaggerated fear of doubled pawns
Non sequitur; in the few games I've seen
from the Kramnik era, I noticed that the
(now former) world champ liked to avoid
doubled pawns as White-- he typically
played Q-c2 and then recaptured on c3
with his Queen to avoid doubled pawns--
even if this meant a small loss of time.

Well then, if it's good enough for a world
champion, you can't blast Sanny for a
supposedly irrational or exaggerated fear
/on that basis/.
and it promiscuously exchanges
bishops for knights in the mistaken belief that it's gaining a
definite advantage by inflicting doubled pawns.
As I recall, one of the people who has at
times bashed Sanny's program for allowing
the human opponent to inflict doubled pawns
is none other than Mr. Kingston himself! So
we have poor Sanny, who doesn't know any-
thing about chess, being slapped around by
the likes of TK for the program's handling of
doubled pawns; but later, after Sanny has
taken pains to correct the problem, along
comes Mr. Kingston again-- this time to kick
poor Sanny's teeth in for penalizing the doub-
ling of pawns.

One is reminded of a famous Humphrey
Bogart line-- "he was the kind of guy who
would kick your teeth in, and then slap you
for mumbling".

-- help bot
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-23 22:57:19 UTC
Post by madams
[...]
On the subject of doubled pawns, The Oxford Companion to Chess (2nd
edition) has this to say:

DOUBLED PAWNS: two pawns of the same color on the same file. They
may be weak because they are hard to defend or because they lessen the
mobility of the pawn formation, perhaps creating holes; they may be
strong because they guard important squares, an advance point perhaps,
or indirectly, because adjoining files can be used advantageously; or
they may be of no account. Doubled pawns in front of the king may
leave holes that assist the enemy attack, or the holes may be of
little consequence.

I trust this illustrates the folly of Sanny's assigning a half-
pawn's worth of significance to doubled pawns regardless of the the
position.
Sanny
2009-05-16 04:47:10 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move is D-7 x C-6 ..Pawn x bishop .
GetClub Played Queen to d3. Qd3

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3

Giving 0.0 advantage to GetClub

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-16 04:52:44 UTC
ivans move is Bishop C-8 to D-7 ....

It was thinking of castling ...

Ivan - 0.3

When i played the guy on line he doubled my pawns and also when he beat
Ivan he double his pawns too ..But your right it might now be a big deal
because that guy was better than me and Ivan anyway ..He would have
beaten us even if he did not double our pawns ..
Sanny
2009-05-16 06:13:16 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
ivans move is Bishop C-8 to D-7 ....
It was thinking of castling ...
GetClub Played chastling. 0-0

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0

Post by SAT W-7
Ivan - 0.3
When i played the guy on line he doubled my pawns and also when he beat
Ivan he double his pawns too ..But your right it might now be a big deal
because that guy was better than me and Ivan anyway ..He would have
beaten us even if he did not double our pawns ..
Here it was a forced move else how you will take the Bishop? White
Played Queen to d3 so that when your Bishop takes Knight at c3, The
Quewen takes your Bishop So savingf from getting double Pawns.

Now you will see GetClub playing Stronger than ever. And I am sure
GetClub will win this game.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-16 07:08:43 UTC
Ivans move is Castle E-8 to G-8 , rook to to F-8 ..

It is thinking of castling on both sides ..

I think i would have went the other way because it has the extra pawn on
that side..

ivan -0.3

I think you need to play the next level up to win but we shall see....
Sanny
2009-05-16 07:20:07 UTC
Ivans move is  Castle E-8 to G-8 , rook to  to F-8 ..
GetClub Played Queen to c4 attacking youyr Bishop and f7 pawn. Qc4

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4

Giving 0.0 advantage to GetClub
It is thinking of castling on both sides ..
I think i would have went the other way because it has the extra pawn on
that side..
According to Help Bot you should not castle to the side where there is
double pawns. As it is difficult to protect king with Double Pawns.
I think you need to play the next level up to win but we shall see....
Not possible. The GetClub will play much stronger and win this game.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-16 08:21:58 UTC
Ivans move is Pawn B-7 to B-5 .....

The bishop is safe ...Queen has it covered .

ivan -.0.2

so far this is a interesting game ..
Sanny
2009-05-16 08:51:40 UTC
Ivans move is   Pawn B-7 to B-5  .....
GetClub Played Queen back to d3 Qd3

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3

Giving 0.0 advantage to GetClub
The bishop is safe ...Queen has it covered .
ivan -.0.2
so far this is a interesting game ..
Yes, Bishop is safe now. But this bishop is irritating GetClub I think
next move it will play a3 and remove this bishop.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-16 18:09:22 UTC
Ivans move Bishop B-4 to C-5 ..

ivan -0,3

my work schedule has changed again , i start one hour earlier and
still get off at the same time ..6 pm to about 3.30 am....i do not want
to work that long but i have too ...

going back to sleep so i might not be on until 4.30 am Sunday Seattle
time ...I might try and come back on line before i head out but it
depends on when i wake up....by by

yes it was thinking GC might move to A-3 ..
by by
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-16 21:06:06 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move Bishop B-4 to C-5 ..
ivan -0,3
Ivan is correct. GetClub has already forfeited White's opening
advantage with its ridiculous queen moves, which not only accomplish
nothing, but also hamper development and make the queen a potential
target on the half-open d-file. In an open game where Black already
has the bishop pair, this is especially poor play. Black now has a
slight but definite advantage, though it is not a permanent,
structural advantage.
It's ludicrous to see Sanny pontificating about doubled pawns. He
has no understanding of how and when doubled pawns may be an advantage
or disadvantage, and even less understanding of how to exploit them.
It's like Helen Keller posing as a music critic.
Sanny
2009-05-17 06:00:06 UTC
  It's ludicrous to see Sanny pontificating about doubled pawns. He
has no understanding of how and when doubled pawns may be an advantage
or disadvantage, and even less understanding of how to exploit them.
It's like Helen Keller posing as a music critic.
I have simple formula If a side has Double Pawn It is loosing by 0.5
points.

So with each double pawns you lose 0.5 points.

So GetClub bring its Queen to avoid double pawns by exchange.

Do you think Double pawns is not a loss?

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at: http://www.GetClub.com/Ches.html
SAT W-7
2009-05-17 12:37:14 UTC
Ivans move is . F-8 to D-8 ..Rook

On the double pawns i am not sure , the guy who beat me and Ivan did
that..Could be just his style of play and he is very good so even if he
did not double our pawns he would have still be us ...

Ivan -0.4

Will GC see what ivan wants to do ?
Bishop x H-3 pawn and his rook is attacking GC Queen ....

i will try and come back here before i leave for work again..5.30 am now
and i work at 6.00 PM but i will sleep a lot ..

I think GC should have moved the queen on the last move then depending
on what Ivans move would be , try and move the D-2 pawn up one to free
up GC bishop.....or maybe have moved b-2 to b-3 pawn then get bishop to
b-2

still a good game to me ....
Sanny
2009-05-18 04:35:42 UTC
Ivans move is  . F-8 to D-8 ..Rook
GetClub Played Queen to e2 Q-e2

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2

Giving 0.0 advantage to GetClub
  Will GC see what ivan wants to do ?
Bishop x H-3 pawn and his rook is attacking GC Queen ....
Yes GetClub saw that.
I think GC should have moved the queen on the last move then depending
on what Ivans move would be , try and move the D-2 pawn up one to free
up GC bishop.....or maybe have moved b-2 to b-3 pawn then get bishop to
b-2
Yes you are correct GetClub is thinking on that line too.

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-17 13:19:22 UTC
Post by Sanny
  It's ludicrous to see Sanny pontificating about doubled pawns. He
has no understanding of how and when doubled pawns may be an advantage
or disadvantage, and even less understanding of how to exploit them.
It's like Helen Keller posing as a music critic.
I have simple formula If a side has Double Pawn It is loosing by 0.5
points.
So with each double pawns you lose 0.5 points.
That is a ridiculous algorithm. You cannot place a fixed value on a
pawn formation; it may be weak, strong, or completely irrelevant,
depending on the position.
Post by Sanny
So GetClub bring its Queen to avoid double pawns by exchange.
Do you think Double pawns is not a loss?
Not nearly as big a loss as the time you've been wasting shuffling
the queen around.
Sanny
2009-05-18 04:39:48 UTC
Post by Sanny
I have simple formula If a side has Double Pawn It is loosing by 0.5
points.
So with each double pawns you lose 0.5 points.
  That is a ridiculous algorithm. You cannot place a fixed value on a
pawn formation; it may be weak, strong, or completely irrelevant,
depending on the position.
I once asked on this newsgroup how to know whether a pawn formation is
good or bad. And how to evaluate the score for pawn formation.

I do not get any satisfactory reply. Then I found that a few computers
give 0.5 to double pawns So I did that too for GetClub.

I find Jester too gives penalty of 0.5 for double pawn as Both GetClub
& Jester gives same score when there is double pawn structure.

Bye
Sanny
SAT W-7
2009-05-18 14:34:32 UTC
Ivans move is Knight F-6 to H-5

Ivan - 0.3

Looks like it wants to get to F-4 to attack GC Queen ..

worked I2 hours ....i am tired but should i sleep my day off away or
stay awake and do stuff very tired ?..Or set alarm for I0.00 AM and
sleep a few hours ?

will do one .....
Sanny
2009-05-19 04:54:02 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move is Knight F-6 to H-5
GetClub Played Queen to d1 Q-d1

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1

help bot
2009-05-19 05:11:55 UTC
Post by Sanny
GetClub Played Queen to d1 Q-d1
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1
Giving 0.0 advantage to GetClub
Alright-- from here on, it is okay for GetClub
to move /any piece it wants/, not just its Queen.

-- help bot
SAT W-7
2009-05-19 05:41:29 UTC
Ivans move is Knight H-5 to G-3

Ivan - 0.4
Sanny
2009-05-19 06:55:16 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move is Knight H-5 to G-3
GetClub Played Rook to e1 R-e1

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1

Giving -1.0 loss to GetClub

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-19 07:20:24 UTC
Ivans move is D-8 to E-8 rook

ivan - 0.4
Sanny
2009-05-19 07:40:46 UTC
Ivans move is  D-8 to E-8 rook
GetClub Played Pawn to d3 P-d3

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3

Giving -0.5 loss to GetClub

IVAN missed a good move.

14 .... Qf6

May be it will try later to attack King Side.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-19 07:15:03 UTC
Ivan Knight G-3 to H-5

i will look at that queen move

ivan - 0.2
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-19 14:36:15 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivan Knight G-3 to H-5
i will look at that queen move
ivan - 0.2
14...Qf6 is not an especially good or bad move. Ivan did not "miss"
much of anything by not playing it.
This game is turning into a dancing match between two punchless
fighters. Ivan accomplished nothing with 13...Ng3; much better was
13...Nf4, putting the knight on a strong outpost from which White
cannot easily expel it.
SAT W-7
2009-05-19 19:49:36 UTC
Ivan moved Knight back to H-5 ,,

Yes that was a wasted move when it moved to G-3....

my job just called and i have to start work early 4,.00 pm to 3,30
am.....just makes me mad .
i am off until i get home in the morning..
Sanny
2009-05-20 04:30:07 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivan Knight G-3 to H-5
GetClub attacked your queen with bishop at g5 B-g5

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5

Giving 1.4 advantage to GetClub

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-18 15:01:33 UTC
Post by Sanny
Post by Sanny
I have simple formula If a side has Double Pawn It is loosing by 0.5
points.
So with each double pawns you lose 0.5 points.
  That is a ridiculous algorithm. You cannot place a fixed value on a
pawn formation; it may be weak, strong, or completely irrelevant,
depending on the position.
I once asked on this newsgroup how to know whether a pawn formation is
good or bad. And how to evaluate the score for pawn formation.
I do not get any satisfactory reply. Then I found that a few computers
give 0.5 to double pawns So I did that too for GetClub.
Do you have any idea why or when doubled pawns may be good or bad,
Sanny? For example, after 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 4.Bxc6 dxc6, how
does White exploit the doubled pawns? What is his general plan?
help bot
2009-05-18 22:43:35 UTC
Post by Sanny
Post by Sanny
I have simple formula If a side has Double Pawn It is loosing by 0.5
points.
So with each double pawns you lose 0.5 points.
  That is a ridiculous algorithm. You cannot place a fixed value on a
pawn formation; it may be weak, strong, or completely irrelevant,
depending on the position.
I once asked on this newsgroup how to know whether a pawn formation is
good or bad. And how to evaluate the score for pawn formation.
I do not get any satisfactory reply.
Oh, but you did! My reply was to advise you not
to fiddle around with such nuances as this, and
instead to focus on something far, far more crucial
to the outcome of games. Can you recall what that
was? Have you forgotten already? Or do you
honestly believe I was mistaken in my assessment
of the relative importance of tactics versus piddly
things like the doubling of pawns?

The thing to remember is that no one is going to
be impressed with the mere semblance of subtle
positional understanding, even if -- and that's a big
if -- even IF you were somehow able to implement
such an understanding. What impresses people
is beating humans and Fritz-- things like that. At
the risk of th-repeating myself, tactics are the key
to chess success. That's t-a-c-t-i-c-s. Until you
at least partially master tactics, all else is super-
fluous fluff.

-- help bot
Sanny
2009-05-19 06:50:08 UTC
  The thing to remember is that no one is going to
be impressed with the mere semblance of subtle
positional understanding, even if -- and that's a big
if -- even IF you were somehow able to implement
such an understanding.   What impresses people
is beating humans and Fritz-- things like that.   At
the risk of th-repeating myself, tactics are the key
to chess success.   That's t-a-c-t-i-c-s.   Until you
at least partially master tactics, all else is super-
fluous fluff.
Tactics is limited by computers speed. For each move it takes time and
I cannot increase the depth else it will take hours.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at: http://www.getclub.com/Chess.html
help bot
2009-05-19 08:14:12 UTC
Post by Sanny
  The thing to remember is that no one is going to
be impressed with the mere semblance of subtle
positional understanding, even if -- and that's a big
if -- even IF you were somehow able to implement
such an understanding.   What impresses people
is beating humans and Fritz-- things like that.   At
the risk of th-repeating myself, tactics are the key
to chess success.   That's t-a-c-t-i-c-s.   Until you
at least partially master tactics, all else is super-
fluous fluff.
Tactics is limited by computers speed. For each move it takes time and
I cannot increase the depth else it will take hours.
You're doing a good job of making me want
to write my own chess program, to refute all
this nonsense!

-- help bot
Sanny
2009-05-20 04:34:38 UTC
Post by Sanny
Tactics is limited by computers speed. For each move it takes time and
I cannot increase the depth else it will take hours.
  You're doing a good job of making me want
to write my own chess program, to refute all
this nonsense!
If you play games with Easy Level and win them everytime. I may get a
clue how to improve it further.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-20 12:19:45 UTC
Knight H-5 to F-6 , Ivans move

Now 0.0 ..even game

some one will blunder ....

think i will go to sleep ...

interesting game
Sanny
2009-05-20 16:53:51 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Knight H-5 to F-6 , Ivans move
GetClub played pawn to g4 P-g4

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4

Giving 1.4 advantage to GetClub
Post by SAT W-7
  Now 0.0 ..even game
  some one will blunder ....
I think GetClub will not do blunder as it is improved now. So IVAN
will do once and loose the game.

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-20 17:06:11 UTC
Post by Sanny
Post by SAT W-7
Knight H-5 to F-6 , Ivans move
GetClub played pawn to g4 P-g4
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4
This is a very bad move. Ivan can gain an immediate advantage with
17...h5!, which probably wins a pawn and will certainly rip open
White's kingside.
Post by Sanny
Giving 1.4 advantage to GetClub
GetClub doesn't know from Shinola on how to evaluate a position.
Post by Sanny
Post by SAT W-7
  Now 0.0 ..even game
  some one will blunder ....
I think GetClub will not do blunder as it is improved now.
I'd say the first blunder has occurred, and it is GetClub's.
However, it remains to be seen whether Ivan will capitalize. In your
previous game Ivan missed many opportunities.
SAT W-7
2009-05-20 19:47:21 UTC
Ivans move is B-5 to B-4 pawn ..

So far just thinking of moving B-pawn , that is what it did..

ivan - 0.I

I am thinking it did not move the H-pawn because gc x h-5 pawn and ivan
can not retake pawn right away with the knight because bishop takes
queen .. Ivan likes to take a piece that takes his piece right away if
it can....If it wanted to it should just move the H-6 and drive his
bishop off then to h-5... Those moves will be there now .
I would like to see Ivan get the A-rook to B- file.
GC or Ivan will make a few mistakes but who will be the first to
capitalize on their mistakes ?
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-20 20:22:02 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move is B-5 to B-4 pawn ..
So far just thinking of moving B-pawn  , that is what it did..
ivan - 0.I
I am thinking it did not move the H-pawn because gc x h-5 pawn and ivan
can not retake pawn right away with the knight because bishop takes
queen ..
But Black then plays 18...Bxh3, not 18...Nxh5??. Then in most lines
he unpins the Nf6 with 19...Qe6, gaining time with the threat of
20...Qg4+ and mate next.
Post by SAT W-7
Ivan likes to take a piece that takes his piece right away if
it can....
Immediate recaptures are not always best. I recall a game in which I
made what I thought was an obvious, automatic recapture, only to see
later that I overlooked a non-capturing alternative that would have
crushed my opponent.
Post by SAT W-7
If it wanted to it should just move the H-6 and drive his
bishop off then to h-5... Those moves will be there now .
  I would like to see Ivan get the A-rook to B- file.
That does not look very promising to me. The rook has no targets
there unless White foolishly does something to open the file.
SAT W-7
2009-05-20 22:06:07 UTC
Yes Mr K your right , i bet you can beat ivan like you beat GC ,,
Just came on to let you know i am going back off line until i get home
in the morning from work. Just do not want you to waste your tie coming
in here seeing if i have moved after your next move ,,

will check back here at 4.30 or 5.30 or 6.30 , i am not sure what time i
will get off ...i hope i am home by 4.30 am...by by

worked 4 pm to 4 am last night..by by

Yes that rook move would be a wasted move right now too,, by
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-20 22:43:44 UTC
  Immediate recaptures are not always best. I recall a game in which I
made what I thought was an obvious, automatic recapture, only to see
later that I overlooked a non-capturing alternative that would have
crushed my opponent.
Here's the position I was thinking of, from the 1998 Green Mountain
Open. I incorrectly described what I should have done as a "non-
capturing alternative," but it was definitely not an immediate
recapture:

W: Kh1, Qe1, Re2, Rf1, Bb2, Nf3, pawns a2, b3, c2, d3, g2, h2
B: Kh8, Qd5, Rd8, Rg8, Bf6, Bg4, pawns a7, b7, d4, e5, f5, h7

My opponent here surprised me by playing 25.Rxe5, and with very
little thought, I made what I considered the obvious no-brainer
recapture 25...Bxe5, and eventually lost. Instead, with 25...Bxf3!! I
had a crushing win, viz. 26.Rxf3 or 26.gxf3 Qxe5-+, or if 26.Rxd5
Bxg2+ 27.Kg1 Bxd5+ 28.Qg3 (if 28.Kf2 Rg2#) 28...Be5 etc. -+. But I
didn't see this until analyzing the game several days later.

One of the best examples of a better alternative to automatic
recapture is this famous game:

[Event "Amsterdam"]
[Site "Amsterdam"]
[Date "1889.08.26"]
[Round "1"]
[White "Lasker, Emanuel"]
[Black "Bauer, Johann Hermann"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "A03"]
[PlyCount "75"]
[EventDate "1889.08.??"]
[EventType "tourn"]
[EventRounds "9"]
[EventCountry "NED"]
[Source "ChessBase"]

1. f4 d5 2. e3 Nf6 3. b3 e6 4. Bb2 Be7 5. Bd3 b6 6. Nf3 Bb7 7. Nc3
Nbd7 8. O-O O-O 9. Ne2 c5 10. Ng3 Qc7 11. Ne5 Nxe5 12. Bxe5 Qc6 13.
Qe2 a6 14. Nh5 Nxh5

Here the standard recapture 15.Qxh5 would allow Black to play
15...f5! and solidify his position. But Lasker had a much better
idea:

15. Bxh7+!! Kxh7 16. Qxh5+ Kg8 17. Bxg7!! Kxg7 18. Qg4+ Kh7 19. Rf3 e5
20. Rh3+ Qh6 21. Rxh6+ Kxh6 22. Qd7 Bf6 23. Qxb7 Kg7 24. Rf1 Rab8 25.
Qd7 Rfd8 26. Qg4+ Kf8 27. fxe5 Bg7 28. e6 Rb7 29. Qg6 f6 30. Rxf6+
Bxf6 31. Qxf6+ Ke8 32. Qh8+ Ke7 33. Qg7+ Kxe6 34. Qxb7 Rd6 35. Qxa6 d4
36. exd4 cxd4 37. h4 d3 38. Qxd3 1-0
madams
2009-05-20 23:58:37 UTC
***@comcast.net wrote:
.
Post by t***@comcast.net
Immediate recaptures are not always best. I recall a game in which I
made what I thought was an obvious, automatic recapture,
Your thinking was correct...

The move was 'obvious & automatic' which is what you thought & acted
upon...
Post by t***@comcast.net
only to see
later that I overlooked a non-capturing alternative that would have
crushed my opponent.
That's different, & merely means you missed a far from obvious & by your
own account much more powerful continuation..

m.
Sanny
2009-05-21 04:52:33 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move is B-5 to B-4 pawn ..
GetClub played Knight to a4 attacking your bishop N-a4

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4

Giving 1.5 advantage to GetClub
Post by SAT W-7
I am thinking it did not move the H-pawn because gc x h-5 pawn and ivan
can not retake pawn right away with the knight because bishop takes
queen .. Ivan likes to take a piece that takes his piece right away if
it can....If it wanted to it should just move the H-6 and drive his
bishop off then to h-5... Those moves will be there now .
  I would like to see Ivan get the A-rook to B- file.
  GC or Ivan will make a few mistakes but who will be the first to
capitalize on their mistakes ?
If GetClub takes h5 pawn your Bishop can take the h3 pawn with bishop,
which is unprotected.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-21 14:55:29 UTC
Ivans move is C-5 to D-6 , Bishop move.

Ivan - 0.5

7.42 am now ..back to work at 6.00 pm
worked another I2 hours ..
Back in at 6.00 PM ..
will come here and check for a move before i leave . Off for rest of day
, to sleep ..
I feel like a Vampire ..sleep during day and up all night ...

Thanks Mr K , i will look at that game you left on Friday ..

one of our programs is going to blunder and the other will pounce on
it....

I have been i games like this , probing for weak spots in the other
persons defence ...

Id do like Mr K said and advance the H-pawn to break open GC King ..It
is broke open now but it can be weakened even more ..

nite
SAT W-7
2009-05-21 22:09:29 UTC
Have to get ready for work ..Just hope i get off at 3.30 AM and not
later ....off line now.

Interesting game so far , i think GC might be back like it used to be
.A little stronger middle game than Ivan but Ivan will have the
stronger end game ....BUT who will have the advantage going into the end
game ?
Sanny
2009-05-22 06:17:55 UTC
Ivans move is   C-5 to D-6 , Bishop move.
GetClub played Pawn to d4 P-d4.

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4 Bd6
19. d4

Giving 0.4 advantage to GetClub

Roughly equal game.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-22 12:54:58 UTC
ivans moveis E-8 to D-8 ..rook

GC + 0.6

GC has the advantage now ..

Ivan moved fast so i need to study the set up.
nite
Sanny
2009-05-22 16:02:47 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
ivans moveis E-8 to D-8 ..rook
3 continious moves.

GetClub took your pawn at e5. Pxe5

You have only move Bxe5

GetClub then took yout Bishop with Kinight.

You have only move Qxe5

Then GetClub took your Knight at f6 with Bishop. Bxf6

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4 Bd6
19. d4 Rd8
20. dxe5 Bxe5
21. Nxe5 Qxe5
22. Bxf6

Giving 0.4 advantage to GetClub

Nearly equal game.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-22 17:42:15 UTC
Ivans move is Queen E-5 x F-6 , queen x bishop.

I am with you on all those moves ....

Now 0.0 .....

that was nice to get that many moves in one post...

have some running around to do but will be back on later..
Sanny
2009-05-23 05:14:54 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move is Queen E-5 x F-6 , queen x bishop.
GetClub Played Knight to c5. N-c5

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4 Bd6
19. d4 Rd8
20. dxe5 Bxe5
21. Nxe5 Qxe5
22. Bxf6 Qxf6
23. Nc5

SAT W-7
2009-05-23 07:33:10 UTC
Queen F-6 to E-7

GC +0.I

yes even game..

GC needs to have a I.50 or 2.00 or more lead going to the end game to
win..Anything less and Ivan wins ..

Hey , how can Ivan play Jester ?
Sanny
2009-05-23 07:48:55 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Queen F-6 to E-7
GetClub took your Bishop at d7 Nxd7

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4 Bd6
19. d4 Rd8
20. dxe5 Bxe5
21. Nxe5 Qxe5
22. Bxf6 Qxf6
23. Nc5 Qe7
24. Nxd7

Post by SAT W-7
GC +0.I
yes even game..
GC needs to have a I.50 or 2.00 or more lead going to the end game to
win..Anything less and Ivan wins ..
Lets see. Nowadays GetClubs End game is also improved. So an advantage
of 1.00 is enough to win.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-23 08:15:21 UTC
Rook D-8 x D-7 , Rook takes Knight

even 0.0
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-23 22:10:35 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Rook D-8 x D-7 , Rook takes Knight
even 0.0
If this game were any duller, it could be used as a cure for
insomnia. Any advantage now lies with White, because of the kingside
pawn majority — those doubled pawns may prove significant after all.
Ivan really blew it when he played 17...b4 instead of 17...h5.
However, it remains to be seen whether GC has any notion of how to
capitalize.
SAT W-7
2009-05-24 00:47:59 UTC
ha ha ha , that is funny , Dull game ..

See you do not feel the pressure or anxiety i do ..I am emotional
chess or any sports player .
I do not always show it on the out side unless it is a Minnesota Vikings
football game ..
But sometimes i show it in chess , when i play at the chess mall and
if i blunder i groan or talk to myself or grab my head ..ha ha.....
When i play games i play to win ......
When i play Ivan vs any computers i want it to win...Even when i
played it vs Fritz 8 ? I think it was number 8 ? Anyway i wanted Ivan
to win even though i know ivan can never beat it ...
Back when i had my talking Chess Challenger , my friend a few years
later got a Kasporov chess computer and so we played level one vs level
one and before we started i said " lets bet one dollar ' he said OK , My
computer LOST .....I was pissed ..I lost a buck too.....ha ha.....
So i took his computer home and played a hand full of games , his
level one was like level 3 on chess challenger ..They each could win
games ..
Anyway i want Ivan to win this game vs GC ..

Hey , are we now in the end game ??

To me this game has been exciting ...GC has more pawns on the King side
but Ivan has more on the Queen side ....

2 rooks and queen and 7 pawns vs the same , i belive Ivan will find a
weakness ....Yes these programs have missed a lot but since Ivan has
beaten me 400 + times on this level i would have missed them too...
Sanny
2009-05-24 04:14:06 UTC
   Anyway i want Ivan to win this game vs GC ..
GetClub is much improved now and it will be hard fight to win for
IVAN.

Is IVAN Thinking 80 sec per move?
Hey  ,  are we now in the end game ??
 To me this game has been exciting ...GC has more pawns on the King side
but Ivan has more on the Queen side ....
I too think that way But King side is more important that Queen side.
However If I promoite the King Side your King will snatch my pawns.

And if you promote the Queen side my Rooks/Queen will snatch your
pawn.

This game looks equal to me aswell.

What do Fritz/ Rybka say for this position?
 2 rooks and queen and 7 pawns vs the same , i belive Ivan will find a
weakness ....Yes these programs have missed  a lot but since Ivan has
beaten me 400 + times on this level i would have missed them too...
GetClub too has beaten me a long times. So both programs are doing
well. Now Beginner Level plays very strongly.

Now even Taylor Kingston and Help Bot will find it hard to beat the
Easy Level.

Beginner: 10-20 sec / move Vs IVAN 80 sec / move. Also mention time
taken by IVAN for making its move.

Bye
Sanny

Sanny
2009-05-24 04:08:12 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
even 0.0
  If this game were any duller, it could be used as a cure for
insomnia.
Good Joke !!!
Any advantage now lies with White, because of the kingside
pawn majority — those doubled pawns may prove significant after all.
Ivan really blew it when he played 17...b4 instead of 17...h5.
However, it remains to be seen whether GC has any notion of how to
capitalize.
Looks like the game is equal But GetClub is giving 1.0 advantage to
itself.

Opening Both IVAN and GetClub are same.

In Middle Game GetClub is Stronger.

In End Game IVAN is Stronger.

So to win the game GetClub needs to get atleast 1 pawn extra else IVAN
will beat in the end game.

Bye
Sanny

Sanny
2009-05-24 04:02:39 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Rook D-8 x D-7 , Rook takes Knight
GetClub played Queen to f3 Qf3

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4 Bd6
19. d4 Rd8
20. dxe5 Bxe5
21. Nxe5 Qxe5
22. Bxf6 Qxf6
23. Nc5 Qe7
24. Nxd7 Rxd7
25. Qf3

SAT W-7
2009-05-24 04:12:27 UTC
Ivans move is Queen E-7 to E- 5

Even 0.0

now blunders & bad moves will become more critical ...
Sanny
2009-05-24 04:50:04 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move is Queen E-7 to E- 5
GetClub played Queen to b3 attacking your pawn. Qb3

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4 Bd6
19. d4 Rd8
20. dxe5 Bxe5
21. Nxe5 Qxe5
22. Bxf6 Qxf6
23. Nc5 Qe7
24. Nxd7 Rxd7
25. Qf3 Qe5
26. Qb3

Post by SAT W-7
  Even 0.0
now blunders & bad moves will become more critical ...
Yes, But GetClub will not do it as GetClub is much improved now.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-24 05:53:37 UTC
that move took about 20 seconds
SAT W-7
2009-05-24 05:52:43 UTC
Ivans move D-7 to D-4 rook

GC + 0.I
Sanny
2009-05-24 06:49:37 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move D-7 to D-4 rook
GetClub played Pawn to c3. attacking your rook. P-c3

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4 Bd6
19. d4 Rd8
20. dxe5 Bxe5
21. Nxe5 Qxe5
22. Bxf6 Qxf6
23. Nc5 Qe7
24. Nxd7 Rxd7
25. Qf3 Qe5
26. Qb3 Rd4
27. c3

SAT W-7
2009-05-24 08:07:40 UTC
Rook D-4 to D-3 ....

Ivan - 0.4 ....

Looks like Ivan is closing in for the kill
SAT W-7
2009-05-24 20:24:28 UTC
Going back off line until i get home from work , almost I.30 PM now
.have some stuff to get done before i leave for work..5.00 PM to 3.00
AM and i hope i get off at 3.00 am ....

off until Monday morining around 4 to 4.30 am...
Sanny
2009-05-25 05:30:56 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Rook D-4 to D-3 ....
GetClub took your Pawn to b4 Qxb4

Your only move Rook x h3 Rxh3

GetClub played king to f1 K-f1

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4 Bd6
19. d4 Rd8
20. dxe5 Bxe5
21. Nxe5 Qxe5
22. Bxf6 Qxf6
23. Nc5 Qe7
24. Nxd7 Rxd7
25. Qf3 Qe5
26. Qb3 Rd4
27. c3 Rd3
28. Qxb4 Rxh3
29. Kf1

Giving 0.1 advantage to GetClub

Nearly equal game.
Post by SAT W-7
Looks like Ivan is closing in for the kill
Yes.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-25 12:14:49 UTC
i am with you on the moves....

ivans move is E-5 to F-4 ...queen...

ivan needs to be careful too , it better not move the rook off the back
rank or let it get taken..

5.am now , going to bed ..have to be back at work at 5.00 pm.....just
working long hours now.
i will check back around 2.00 pm.....
Sanny
2009-05-25 12:42:25 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
i am with you on the moves....
ivans move is E-5 to F-4 ...queen...
GetClub Played King to e2 K-e2

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4 Bd6
19. d4 Rd8
20. dxe5 Bxe5
21. Nxe5 Qxe5
22. Bxf6 Qxf6
23. Nc5 Qe7
24. Nxd7 Rxd7
25. Qf3 Qe5
26. Qb3 Rd4
27. c3 Rd3
28. Qxb4 Rxh3
29. Kf1 Qf4
30. Ke2

Post by SAT W-7
ivan needs to be careful too , it better not move the rook off the back
rank or let it get taken..
Why? No one attacking your Rook.

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-25 14:15:32 UTC
Post by Sanny
Post by SAT W-7
[...]
I think we now have conclusive proof that Sanny *_is_* on
hallucinogenic drugs. White is totally busted here. 28.Qxb4?? was a
dreadful blunder; instead 28.Kg2, defending the h-pawn, was absolutely
necessary. Black has a forced mate starting with 30...Rd8 (threatening
mate in two three different ways, starting with either 31...Qf3+,
Qxg4+, or Rd2+), forcing 31.Qd4 Rxd4 32.cxd4 Qf3+ 33.Kd2 Qxf2+ 34.Re2
Qxd4+ etc.
I thought perhaps I had made some mistake in replaying the game,
considering that Sanny has not recorded Black's rook moves accurately,
for example 11...Rd8, when it was necessary to say which rook,
11...Rfd8. But checking SAT-W7's posts, I believe I have the moves
correct; all his rook moves have been with the KR; the QR still stands
at a8, ready to nail White's coffin with 30...Rd8.
Let's hope Ivan does not miss this opportunity, as it has several
others.

Perhaps Sanny has the position wrong? Sanny, just to make sure we're
talking about the same position, please confirm or correct these
placements as of White's last move:

White: Ke2, Qb4, Ra1, Re1, pawns a2, b2, c3, e4, f2, g4
Black: Kg8, Qf4, Ra8, Rh3, pawns a7, c7, c6, f7, g7, h7
Sanny
2009-05-25 15:13:36 UTC
  White: Ke2, Qb4, Ra1, Re1, pawns a2, b2, c3, e4, f2, g4
  Black: Kg8, Qf4, Ra8, Rh3, pawns a7, c7, c6, f7, g7, h7- Hide quoted text -
Yes, you are correct. Lets see if IVAN can see it.

It would be quick win for IVAN.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-25 17:00:30 UTC
ivans move is F-4 to F-3 , Queen move , check.

ivan - 6.4 now.....

Ivan talks , it said check , i will crush you.....
I have heard that and a hand full of other sayings too , like , I will
destroy you ..I will grind you into the dust...ha ha...

9.45 am now , just woke up but going to try and sleep more.....i will
still come back here before i leave for work....

not sure if gc will move king to d-2 or f-I ....F-I is checkmate ....h
-rook to H-I .....
D-2 is the move ......if gc can get the king to B-3 then the game can
still go on.....if gc gets king to C-I then it will take a few moves to
get it too..

this game is not over yet...
Sanny
2009-05-25 18:27:06 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
ivans move is F-4 to F-3 , Queen move , check.
GetClub Played King to d2 K-d2

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3 Rd8
12. Qe2 Nh5
13. Qd1 Ng3
14. Re1 Re8
15. d3 Nh5
16. Bg5 Nf6
17. g4 b4
18. Na4 Bd6
19. d4 Rd8
20. dxe5 Bxe5
21. Nxe5 Qxe5
22. Bxf6 Qxf6
23. Nc5 Qe7
24. Nxd7 Rxd7
25. Qf3 Qe5
26. Qb3 Rd4
27. c3 Rd3
28. Qxb4 Rxh3
29. Kf1 Qf4
30. Ke2 Qf3
31. Kd2

Giving 8.0 loss to GetClub

Bye
Sanny

t***@comcast.net
2009-05-25 18:51:13 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
ivans move is F-4 to F-3 , Queen move , check.
ivan - 6.4 now.....
Ivan talks , it said check , i will crush you.....
I have heard that and a hand full of other sayings too , like , I will
destroy you ..I will grind you into the dust...ha ha...
9.45 am now ,  just woke up but going to try and sleep more.....i will
still come back here before i leave for work....
not sure if gc will move king to d-2 or f-I ....F-I is checkmate ....h
-rook to H-I .....
D-2 is the move ......if gc can get the king to B-3 then the game can
still go on.....if gc gets king to C-I then it will take a few moves to
get it too..
this game is not over yet...
Yes, it is, unless Ivan goofs royally. 30...Qf3+ is still very much
strong enough to win, viz. 30...Qf3+ 31.Kd2 Qxf2+ 32.Re2 (If 32.Kc1 or
Kd1, then 32...Rh7 forces mate) 32...Rd8+ etc.
SAT W-7
2009-05-25 21:16:46 UTC
ivans move is Queen F-3 x -F-2......check

i have to go , will check when i get home from work.

ivan - 7.0
Sanny
2009-05-26 04:55:08 UTC
ivans move is  Queen F-3 x -F-2......check
GetClub Resigns as it is 8 points down.

GetClub made a huge mistake by playing Qxb4. Because of which it lost
the game.

Lets start a new game. This time again with Beginner as a bug was
removed yesterday So it will play stronger.

Bye
Sanny

Sanny
2009-05-17 05:58:06 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move Bishop B-4 to C-5 ..
GetClub Played Pawn to h3 P-h3

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3 Bd7
8. 0-0 0-0
9. Qc4 b5
10. Qd3 Bc5
11. h3

help bot
2009-05-16 05:59:27 UTC
Post by Sanny
1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nf6
3. Nc3 Nc6
4. Bb5 Bb4
5. Qe2 Qe7
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3
I suspect the move Q-d3 is given a bonus score
due to White's attacks on squares close to the
enemy King (here, d8 and d7). However, this is
in fact of no real value, unless (in a blitz game)
the opponent illegally moves his King into check,
in which case you may very quickly capture it!

In this position, the doubling of Black's pawns
is compensated by White's loss of the minor
exchange (Bishop for Knight), and the doubled
pawn -- whether after ...dxc6 or ...bxc6 -- keeps
White's pieces off of d5.

It looks like Black is "planning" to castle on the
Queen-side, as Ivan has vacated both Queen
and QB to clear the way, while temporarily
blocking the White Queen's control of d8.

Meanwhile, GetClub looks to be moving the
same piece around, while neglecting normal
piece development a bit. In the game score
posted by Mr. Kingston, this sort of blockage
of the Queen's Bishop led to serious problems
for Black; here it is White who has blocked in
his own Q-Bishop behind a wall of pawns.

Much like Bobby Fischer, Sanny is just a
stubborn boy (about which level is worthy of
playing Ivan on equal terms).

-- help bot
Sanny
2009-05-16 06:19:58 UTC
Post by Sanny
6. Bxc6 dxc6
7. Qd3
  I suspect the move Q-d3 is given a bonus score
due to White's attacks on squares close to the
enemy King (here, d8 and d7).   However, this is
in fact of no real value, unless (in a blitz game)
the opponent illegally moves his King into check,
in which case you may very quickly capture it!
GetClub playe Qd3 to protect the Knight at c3. Incase Bishop takes
Knight It will take Knight with Queen. Otherwise Beginner will get a
double pawn if it takes bishop with pawns.
  In this position, the doubling of Black's pawns
is compensated by White's loss of the minor
exchange (Bishop for Knight), and the doubled
pawn -- whether after ...dxc6 or ...bxc6 -- keeps
White's pieces off of d5.
Bishop is just 10% stronger than Knight while Double pawn is worth 0.5
points.
  It looks like Black is "planning" to castle on the
Queen-side, as Ivan has vacated both Queen
and QB to clear the way, while temporarily
blocking the White Queen's control of d8.
Wherever the black castle I am confident GetClub will win as GetClub
is much improved now.
  Meanwhile, GetClub looks to be moving the
same piece around, while neglecting normal
piece development a bit.    In the game score
posted by Mr. Kingston, this sort of blockage
of the Queen's Bishop led to serious problems
for Black; here it is White who has blocked in
his own Q-Bishop behind a wall of pawns.
It moved Queen twice to save the Knight else White will get double
pawn after BxN.
  Much like Bobby Fischer, Sanny is just a
stubborn boy (about which level is worthy of
playing Ivan on equal terms).
I am not even close to a junior player I am just 1200 rated player.
Its my GetClub Program that is improving.

Have you played with Beginner Recently. See how it will beat you.
Sorry, It is not that strong yet. But Easy Level will give you a big
Blow.

Today again there was a minor Improvement.

Bye
Sanny

SAT W-7
2009-05-15 12:34:42 UTC
Ivans move was immediate , F-8 to B-4 ..bishop

GC and Ivan = 0.0 ...even game

anyone know the name of this opening ?

So now GC and Ivan are doing battle ....
t***@comcast.net
2009-05-15 13:02:28 UTC
Post by SAT W-7
Ivans move was immediate , F-8 to B-4 ..bishop
GC and Ivan = 0.0 ...even game
anyone know the name of this opening ?
Yes, as help-bot already pointed out, it's called the Four Knights
Game. It's an old opening, quite popular in the 1800s, regularly
played by the likes of Tarrasch, Schlechter and Maroczy. Probably the
most famous game with it is Paulsen-Morphy, !st American Chess
Congress, New York 1857, with its celebrated 17...Qxf3!! queen sac.
However, by the early 1900s its popularity was diminishing, and today
it's considered a rather dull dinosaur, and is very seldom seen at the
higher levels.
The particular line you're in is called the Symmetrical Variation,
or sometimes the Spanish Four Knights for the similarity to the Ruy
Lopez. Earlier deviations include 4...Nd4 (Rubinstein var.) and the
transposition to the Scotch by 4.d4, which can lead to the interesting
Belgrade Gambit after 4...exd4 5.Nd5!? .